036 - My Valentine

Even with Eddie here, I still didn't sleep well. I couldn't rid my mind of thoughts of what Chrissy said. Something inside of me screamed Jason wasn't done.

Eddie, of course was dead to the world. The boy could sleep through an apocalypse and never hear a thing...unless that thing is me, trying to leave the bed.

"Mmm" he grumbled, tightening his arms around my waist.

I wiggled, trying to set myself free of his Vulcan grip. "Eddie, I have to pee" I whispered.

He made more grumbling noises before finally releasing me. I sat at the edge of the bed, rubbing my tired eyes, and glanced at the alarm clock. 7:00am

Might as well make coffee.

I did in fact have to pee, but I couldn't go back to bed. As much as I enjoyed the warmth of my Eddie cocoon, I'd already counted the specks on the celling 187 and the notches on the walls 52, three times already. I needed to busy my mind with thoughts of something else.

I left the bathroom and looked at Eddie one last time. His dark waves cascading across the pillow behind him, in nothing but his boxers and the sheet at his waist. Even with drool running down his face and small snores escaping his lips, he still was gorgeous.

A sudden wave of heat tempted me to make my way back to him and pounce, but I knew he was tired from yesterday. I wasn't entirely sure what he had done, but I could tell he needed the rest.

Music softly played in the background while I sipped my coffee and flipped our pancakes. I hummed and moved my hips to the beat. Something about Fleetwood Mac just made me want to get high and dance in the kitchen.

And that's exactly what I did.

I took a hit and twirled around with a joint in one hand and a spatula in the other. When I turned, Eddie was propped against the wall grinning proudly.

"Well, good morning sleepy head" I smiled as I sauntered my way over to him, grabbing his hand and pulling him into my dance.

"How dare you wake and bake without me" he teased, snatching the joint from my fingers. Placing it between his lips and inhaling deeply, before leaning down and blowing the delicious smoke into my lungs. "Good morning, beautiful" he beamed, grabbing my hand, and twirling me in circles.

We danced around the kitchen, singing to Dreams.

You'll know
You will know
Oh-oh-oh, you will know

The song ended and Eddie spun me one last time, pulling me in to a soft kiss. "Damn, I could get use to this" he whispered into my lips.

He nearly dropped me when the smoke alarm started whaling. I looked over his shoulder to the burnt brick smoking on the stovetop. "Shit, the pancakes!"

************

We'd been driving for what felt like hours...it had only been forty-five minutes. I stared out window at the endless bare trees and crop fields that Indiana was best known for.

I sighed, "Are we almost there?"

Eddie laughed and squeezed my hand that lay in his lap. "Almost, sweetheart."

"Where are we again?" I questioned, looking back out to the foggy window.

"It's a small town just outside the university."

Just as he finished, I looked up and saw the quaint town appear from the tree line. Eddie drove through the picturesque streets and my interest piqued. I moved closer to the passenger side door to get a better look.