Chapter 1: Frantic First Week (PART 4)

Part 4

"Oi, Ryuko, there's some eyedrops here."

"Owie. I can't believe you would try to pull on my eyepatch and unleash the power of the Tyrant. I shall not relent, however. This eyepatch would never come off unless I decide otherwise."

I was looking through some shelves to find eyedrops for Ryuko. She was probably wearing that stupid eyepatch for so long that her eyes don't even produce moisture anymore.

The eyepatch was apparently just for cosmetic purposes. And so was the thigh bandage.

Why did I worry for this girl for just even a moment?

Chuunibyou is such a pain...

I handed her the drops.

"Hmm, Caustic Tears of the Bridgekeeper. A powerful antidote, but I may not be able to consume it without at least some little difficulty."

She let a droplet fall on her hand and licked it.

"Ugh, how bitter."

"Don't lick it, damnit! Drop some on your eyes!"

"Should I really insert suspicious fluids into my body like that?"

"Don't word it like that!"

If anyone had heard that, I would have had to kiss my ordinary school life goodbye.

"Hey, serious question."

"Ask away, Matsuda."

"Why don't you drop the whole Pandemonic Chaos schtick?"

"A 'schtick'?"

She tilted her head innocently, as if she genuinely didn't know what the hell I was asking.

It's kind of c-cute...

Not!

How much self-awareness do you lack?!

"Ah, is Matsuda interested in my ways of life? Very well, I shall be your guide."

"That couldn't be farther from the truth!"

"That's weird, I was sure Matsuda would walk with me on the path to freedom."

"Huh, you were sure?"

Heh, how presumptuous.

"I was. Aren't you Nihilus, Prince of Darkness, Heir to the Throne? You're the one who is fated to take me to the Otherworld and help me vanquish the Heavenly Tyrant, right?"

"H-H-H-How did you...?"

All the colors have been utterly drained from my face, I can now see the grim future waiting for me.

How did she know?!?!?!

Don't take me back to those times!!!

"Demon Flames, I command-"

"STOP IT!!!! H-How in the hell do you know?!"

"Heh, the Pandemonic Chaos possesses the ability to peer into every truth that exists. I know all that there is to know about you, Prince of Darkness."

"GAHHH!!! Take this!"

Severely enraged, I pulled on her cheeks to force an answer.

"Where on Earth did you hear it, huh?!"

"A-Ah, let go, Matsuda! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I heard it in the school backyard!"

So that black hair belonged to Ryuko, huh?