Chapter 1: Frantic First Week (PART 8)

Part 8

"O Prince of Darkness, rise and shine. Rise and shine, you have a long, treacherous journey waiting ahead of you."

A voice called to me...

A particularly grating and insufferable one.

I instantly knew who it belonged to.

I pretended to still be asleep.

Even though I couldn't see the clock, this was still far too early to be waking me up.

I wouldn't feel so sluggish and irritated otherwise.

"O Prince of Darkness-"

"What is it you damn brat?!"

The sight I saw when I opened my eyes was a small, dainty girl sitting on my chest. She had golden, silky hair, tied into a ponytail. Her eyes shone a bright yellow color, and her skin looked quite pale.

If I didn't know any better, I would feel tremendous bliss upon seeing a bishoujo sitting on my chest at such an hour.

However, I do know better. Just by hearing that voice, I knew that she was Mitsuho, Ryuko's apprentice.

I don't think I can find any bliss in that.

"Heh?! How rude, you shouldn't mistreat people who go out of their way to greet you, you know?"

I already know that chief.

However, I don't need to hear that from you. Being lectured by a child this early in the morning just serves to worsen my mood.

I kept this to myself of course, lest I incur the wrath of Mitsuho.

"Oi, Ryuko, I thought we already established this. No sitting on any part of me while I'm sleeping, that goes for your disciple too."

I'm not just telling them this so they know how to realistically interact with normal people, but also to prevent any situation when they sit on a particular part of my anatomy and subsequently accuse me of a crime I didn't mean to commit. It's the morning, I can't help it!

Especially when it comes to Mitsuho, I'm not a lolicon, not even accidentally.

"Yes, Mitsuho, please refrain from doing that to Matsuda from now on. In our contract, he specifically stated for us not to."

"I understand, Master. I shall do as you wish."

That's my wish, though...

"Anyways, what are you two doing here so early? And... what's with the dog?"

It was just now that I noticed a dog in Ryuko's hands.

It had sharp, blue eyes and a white gray coat of fur. It looked like a stray, but it seemed well-behaved.

It resembled a shrunken snow wolf, but still possessed traits of a regular puppy.

"We are here because we have no time to waste anymore, and introducing Mitsuho and Fenrir to you at school would have been a huge waste of time. So, I thought, what better time to do that at dawn?"

What worse time could you have picked?!

Also, it's not even dawn anymore!

Although, I feel grateful they didn't actually wake me up at dawn. I'd honestly go insane if that were the case.

"That still doesn't explain anything."

"Do you still not get it, Matsuda? Mitsuho's the new member of our society, I successfully recruited her the other day, and Fenrir is my familiar. It's only natural that an ancient deity has an animal familiar, after all. I just found it yesterday, what do you think?"