Chapter 3.2: Summer Shenanigans: The End of Shenanigans (PART 3)

Part 3

"Sigh."

"This is the umpteenth time I've had to confront you for sighing today now... Ishikawa-san's situation's still bothering you?"

"Isn't it obvious? I can barely comprehend this whole mess..."

"I keep having to tell you to calm the hell down! We're having the obligatory beach sequence right now, so enjoy it while it lasts. I see no ulterior motive in Mr. Ishikawa driving us all the way here. No matter what, this is still a summer vacation, yes? Just one where you have to meet your in-laws."

"You could have just left the 'in-laws' part out and the point would still stand. But, I guess you're right. I should just use this opportunity to sort things out in my head."

Right now, like Shinsuke said, we're at the beach.

I can't even enjoy it fully due to the set of circumstances surrounding this whole summer trip.

"The girls sure are taking their time..."

Right after that...

"Shinsuke! Hideaki-kun! Sorry to keep you two waiting!"

What perfect timing.

I looked behind me and was treated with the sight of three fine young lasses in their swimsuits.

But, alas, same as with the yukatas I saw in that fireworks festival, I was incapable of fully appreciating it.

"Hngh!"

Shinsuke's having convulsions beside me upon seeing Yui.

Yet again, must be nice having a girlfriend...

The girls then approached us, probably for some insignificant conversation, before we headed into the waters.

Mitsuho glared at me with great intrigue, and I confronted her about this.

"What is it?"

"I sense a glaring discrepancy. The Prince of Darkness is in approximately the same state of undress that me and Master saw that day. However, unlike before, he is not in a state of deep panic."

I ignored the suspicious glares from Yui and Shinsuke.

"Oi, this and that are different. You forcefully tore my possessions off of my body, as opposed to right now, where I voluntarily removed my other articles of clothing. Context matters, alright?! Now people are gonna accuse me of being a dirty lolicon, which I am completely not, by the way!"

"That seems like flawed logic. Undress is still undress."

"The hell do you mean 'flawed logic'?! That defective head of yours doesn't understand the tiniest bit of logic!"

"Arguing with the Prince of Darkness really is tiresome."

"Look who's talking."

"I'll delve into the deep waters of the unknown, now. I'd rather be engulfed by the dark depths of the abyssal sea than stay up here, being at the mercy of the scalding beams of that bright celestial body in the sky. Ah, it stings!"

"Don't actually look at it you dolt!"

What a handful to deal with...

"Whatever. Enough talking already! I'm raring to go!"

Right after Mitsuho said that, she took off her sandals and jovially skipped in the direction of the foamy waves.

"Ow, ow! Hot!"

She ran back immediately as her feet met the burning sand.

"I forgot my technique."

She said, as she did some weird pose, one that looked like she was preparing to bolt off.