Chapter 1: Frantic First Week (PART 1)

Part 1

"Infernal Maelstrom!"

"Seal of Destiny!"

"Quantum Blast of Hellfire!"

"Asgard's Judgment!"

Following our incantations, a torrent of spells rained down upon our unfortunate enemies.

It was, without a single scrap of hyperbole, a terrifying spectacle of kinetic and electromagnetic violence.

...

Even though it was just through a computer screen...

This MMORPG really has gotten too easy for a seasoned player such as myself. With my immaculate leadership, my team effortlessly decimated the raid boss.

Though, what ensues after is always a huge pain.

I once thought that forming a party with myself as the only male is a miracle come true, but after spending just a modicum of time with these women, I've already realized the hell that awaits me.

Almost all of them are unrelenting LARPers, and have no sense of shame at all. Every time we beat a boss or get through a dungeon, they boast endlessly in the global chat about their 'dark past' and 'forbidden capabilities'.

Or, as some may say, 'chuunibyou'.

...

At least they're on team VC now, instead of making fools out of themselves for the whole server to see.

Of course, I myself went through such a phase, everyone did, or so I'd like to think.

But dealing with such people when I've already steeled my resolve to relinquish such ways reminds me of those dark times I vowed to forget.

To put it simply, it isn't pleasant.

There's Ryuko, perhaps the most chuunibyou out of the whole group.

Really, what irresponsible person influenced this girl to behave in such a way?

"Haha, one could only tremble in fear after witnessing the true extent of my magical prowess! At long last, I can abandon the title ordinary humans have imposed upon me and fully embrace my true self. I am the insurmountable Pandemonic Chaos! Possessed by the soul of the great Heavenly Tyrant, I must now embark on a journey of epic proportions in search of ultimate power. Only then shall I be able to destroy the barrier that separates me from my freedom."

After that there's Mitsuho, a disciple of sorts to Ryuko, as if she wasn't already a handful to deal with.

Mitsuho exhibits much of the same mannerisms as Ryuko, but seems a bit younger. I always shudder to think that she's a prepubescent child in both physical and mental capacities.

Being a surrogate, unpaid babysitter really is a thankless job...

"Truly, my Master! I, Demon Sorceress of the Netherworld, your faithful servant, shall assist you in overcoming the trials ahead, even at the cost of my life in this realm."

"M-Mitsuho..."

"Master! I shall fight alongside you till the bitter end!"

"Wahhh!" x2

What a bunch of idiots.

However, the final girl, Yui, is a breath of fresh air compared to the two problem children.

Of course, the bar is set real low, but my standards have been reduced to this state in the company of these people.

"Ah, it's always so lively and fun with you guys here. Though, I have to log off for now, unfortunately. So early, too... But, please let us continue someday. School starts tomorrow, after all. Thank you all for taking such good care of me!"

"Bye." x2

"B-Bye."

Ahhh, how powerful!

The mature and sensible allure she gives off is simply exquisite! I can't get enough of it!

That may just be how girls act normally, but that's good enough for me!

These two have done quite a number on my still-dwindling sanity.

Just as I was about to log off too...

"Ah, Matsuda. School starts tomorrow, but can you still log on in the evening?"

"M-Master?!"

"Eh? Why do you ask?"

A girl? Asking to play with me?

Even though it's just Ryuko, it's still somehow making my heart pump?

"Somehow, I can sense Matsuda misunderstanding something."

"A-Ah, not at all! To answer your question, sure, I guess, haha. I've got nothing else to do, anyway. But, why do you ask?"

"Y-Yes, Master. What may be the meaning behind this sudden request?"

"I don't really intend for a deeper meaning behind it. I just need some help with grinding. I tend to run out of mana without noticing and I need someone to run the supplies. Despite Pandemonic Chaos being the strongest, I still need some assistance every now and then."

"Why couldn't you have asked Mitsuho, then?"

"T-That's true! Has Master lost her faith in her servant's capabilities even after the millenniums we spent travelling together?"

"Preposterous! I shall never doubt my servant's aptitude. However, seeing as you've worked so hard, I will seek outside assistance on this menial task."

So she was planning to use me all along.

Well, it's not like I can complain, not like I have anything else to do.

"I-I understand, Master."

"Fine, fine. I get it, I'll be joining from tomorrow. But it's getting late, so I'll be logging off now. Goodbye."

"Farewell." x2

Turning off my computer, I made an instant dive for the bed.

...

"GODDAMN IT!!!"

"Oi, Matsuda. Be quiet up there, don't bother the neighbors. And it should be bedtime already, so go to sleep now or you're gonna wake up all tired tomorrow morning."

"S-Sorry."

Tomorrow's the first day of high school already.

Really, what a pain in the ass...

I spent the entirety of my summer vacation, winter and spring breaks playing videogames with a party of girls yet I've still got nothing to show for it.

It doesn't help that there's only one girl that's a viable option.

Those two chuunibyous are completely out of the question!

But, that reminds me...

I was quite the delusional type just a year ago, wasn't I?

Wasn't my edgy OC persona called something like...

"Nihilus, Prince of Darkness, Heir to the Throne..."

...

AHHH!!!!

Go away, go away, go away, go away!!!!

Die, die, die, die!

The shame!

I was even more of a chuunibyou than those two!

From tomorrow, I shall officially make that title a relic of the past.

For the sake of a typical high school life!

One of cherry blossoms, love letters, and bittersweet memories with close friends as we say our goodbyes to each other.

That's my dream!

And for that dream to start, I must bury this dark past of mine!

Yosh, I can do it!

Sleep came early enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------