Chapter 2: Midterms Mania (PART 4)

Part 4

"Hello." x2

"Ah, Hideaki-kun, Ryuko. Welcome!"

"Yo, you two."

"Eh? I thought you two were busy? What are you doing here now?"

"Turns out the club didn't really need us, after all. Besides, Ishikawa-san and the blond kouhai called us here for some sorta event."

Event?

I thought we were preparing for midterms, or at least helping me prepare.

There's still club activities?

"Uhm, where's Mitsuho, then?"

"Hahaha, you've fallen for my trap, Prince of Darkness! This is an ambush!"

The sound echoed from a school locker placed in the corner of the room.

"Oi, Ryuko, what's this now?"

"I'm very sorry, Matsuda..."

The locker suddenly burst open as Mitsuho walked out.

"...But this is part of your necessary training, Prince of Darkness! We must test how prepared you are should the Tyrant's Sentinel come in our way once more!"

"What will those two do, then?"

"Oh, they can't fight, so they're the judges. They'll rate our performance.."

I have a feeling they just came here for fun, just to watch us say mind-boggling, nonsensical words.

"Hey, but I don't have time for all this, you know? I thought we're gonna do some studying?"

"Oh, there's the evening session at your house if you're looking forward to that."

Yui's and Shinsuke's previously casual expressions turned into pure shock.

"'Evening session'?! 'At your house'?! Matsuda, I'm rooting for you, but I think you skipped a few steps, buddy!"

"Oh my... Could it be that Hideaki-kun and Ryuko are closer than I thought? I know it's the natural age for such desires, but it's quite improper for you two to be so... intimate this early..."

Idiot! Why did you just blurt that out?!

In such a misleading manner, too!

You just added more very flammable fuel to their undying flames of endless speculation!

"Fine, I accept your invitation to this duel. Don't come crying to me when I beat you to the ground, though."

My eyes were seething with rage, my fighting spirit burned brighter than the gamma setting as, once again, Ryuko had proven herself to be a menace to my reputation.

"Very well, we'll see if that's the case."

However, despite sensing my fury, Ryuko said this with a smug smirk.

No, I was sorely mistaken...

Those two weren't just here to spectate, they were deliberately here to rile me up so I would accept the duel.

How devious...

That won't sit well with me, such sneaky, underhanded tactics and methods only suit me.

You'll learn to regret copying my style...

Ryuko and Mitsuho brandished their arms, Ryuko an umbrella....

"Devil's Longsword Caladbolg!"

...And Mitsuho a small, 15cm ruler.

"Kaladanda, Staff of Death!"