Chapter 3.2: Summer Shenanigans: The End of Shenanigans (PART 10)

Part 10

After a long train ride, we got off the station and got back to our houses.

I accompanied Ryuko to her place first to make sure things would go without a hitch.

And I really did innocently think it would be all smooth sailing from here.

But I should really come to expect that my life isn't that simple...

"Ah, the balcony door is locked... I don't have the physical decryption gadgets on me, either... I left them at The Bureau's headquarters..."

"..."

I really wish we could just break the door and get on with our lives, but I realize I'd rather not leave permanent property damage on an Ishikawa's, well, property.

Maybe I could ask Kaori for some help...

"Come on, let's go with me. I know where to get you a place, if not here."

We proceeded to go to Kaori's place, or rather, where her house was before she moved out.

Somehow, it's still the same place she used to live at. The sign displaying her family name matches up.

Unless it's just a really strange coincidence...

I went to her front door, about to give her a call, when my attention was drawn towards something...

A drawing of a deformed, cartoonish Kaori alongside a printed piece of paper with some text taped onto the door.

"Hello! Welcome to the home of the Heavenly Host! She's currently on vacation with her family right now, so don't bother to knock, unless you want to talk to the resident spirits. No inviting yourself in either please <3<3<3"

Just my luck...

I should have called her before I came here...

If Kaori's place isn't a choice, nor is Ryuko's place.

Then that just leaves one option, doesn't it?

...

B-But I can't resort to that!

Maybe the others would be willing to lend a helping hand...

I called Shinsuke.

"Oi, Shinsuke. Are you done dealing with the Ishikawa's?"

"Ah, Matsuda. The girls are doing the majority of the talking, since they have history with each other. Well, what did you call me for, if not just asking for this?"

He knows me too well...

"So, I'll be brief. The deal is, Ryuko doesn't have a place to stay for the night. Kaori's family is on vacation, and Ryuko doesn't have her house keys. I'm asking you guys to lend her a room at your places for now."

"Why don't you let her stay at your house, then?"

"..."

"Oi, are you still on the line?"

"Yeah I am! Are you actually retarded?! That is obviously out of the question! Now, stop dawdling around and tell me if you can give her an actual place to stay at."

"I'm being serious here. Yui and I live thirty minutes away from the school, which is an hour away from your house, and that's going by bus. And you can probably figure it out yourself that no bus is running at this time."

"..."

I see what's going on here...

You think you're so clever, staying behind and facilitating this whole absurd scenario...