Chapter 4: Cultural Club Crisis (PART 3)

Part 3

"Mitsuho, we can't inflict damage on him, we merely want to dispel The Bureau's influence."

'Then what shall we do, Master?"

"Stun him with repeated quick, acrobatic moves!"

"Got it, Master!"

They donned their weapons.

"Devil's Longsword Caladbolg!"

"Kaladanda, Staff of Death!"

These girls are really twisting my arm...

--Chuunibyou Vision--

"Charge!" x2

The two girls charged at me, holding their weapons with the intent to stab.

I didn't react at all, and just stood in place stoically.

Their weapons flew right past me, grazing my arms.

I wonder how many points those grazes gave me...

Probably none, they weren't projectiles...

"Gah! How is his Deflection Field so powerful?!"

"It must be at max power, consuming all of his energy. That's why he's standing still right now! What malicious scheme are you concocting right now, puppet?!"

Huh? I thought you two deliberately missed?

"At this rate, Master, I fear we'd have to use that..."

"Let's hope we won't have to, or this will turn ugly. Let's try our plan B, magic! Chains of Chaos!"

They have multiple plans?!

Magical purple chains sprouted from the ground beneath and held me in place.

"Netherly Eruption!"

That's a dangerous move!

Where I was standing, the earth started to crack and...

"Boom!"

A column of scorching molten rocks rushed up from the deep gash in the ground and engulfed me in its glorious flames.

At least, that's what they think.

I had directed my Deflection Field to down below, diverting the flow of magma to the sides.

Actually, now that I think about it, that wasn't a stun combo.

It was a move that could have knocked out a good chunk of my vitality points were it to hit me directly.

Wait, could it be...?

"Now!"

As the lava flow dispersed so I could see again, my vision was filled with the sight of Mitsuho charging at me with her staff, probably planning to inflict a stun debuff.

"!"

How deceitful!

They knew I'd try to protect myself by redirecting my Deflection Field, so I'd lose shielding in my upper body.

Not to mention Netherly Eruption has the added benefit of blocking my vision so they could prepare a sneak attack.

I have to admit, that was a skillful feint attack.

But I'm not out of tricks yet!

You were my apprentice, Ryuko, and a secret one at that.

You should have known better!