Chapter 3.2: Summer Shenanigans: The End of Shenanigans (PART 2)

Part 2

"Aahh, how refreshing! I can finally walk around! I've been sitting for forever!"

"M-My lower limbs! Is this an attack by hidden ninjas to immobilise me?!"

"Uh oh, I can barely stand. This can't be good for my blood circulation."

After the long train ride, we're relieved to have finally taken in some fresh air and revived our legs.

Of course, that person is still unnaturally reserved today...

She got out of the train car as soon as possible, and walked out here to stare off into the distance.

"Why is she exhibiting such strange behavior today? Is it something to do with this place?"

Yui suddenly snapped her head at me.

"Gasp! I may have just had an earth-shaking revelation! You said it's her childhood home, right?!"

"What about it? Do you have a lead on this case with that information?"

"How could you be so ignorant, Hideaki-kun?! If this is her home from before, then that feeling of longing, it could only mean one thing..."

"Hmm?"

Is Yui gonna unveil this shroud of mystery surrounding Ryuko's mannerisms?!

"It must be a deep, passionate romance left unfinished here! Perhaps she's considered, in her own mind, to rekindle those feelings? Or..."

"I don't know if Master were the type of person to get hung up on that kind of thing. But, it would most likely have to be a very strong connection for that theory to hold up."

"Oi, don't say that in front of Matsuda. Even if you say that as a joke, he'll take it seriously and go sulk in the nearest corner."

...

Of course, I shouldn't have expected anything more out of these morons.

But, I did entertain the possibility...

If it did turn out to be true, I'd certainly like to meet and get to know more about such a person.

...

After all, who would be crazy enough to fall for such a girl?

As we were rabidly speculating on what could have taken place here, a fancy black limousine pulled up right in front of Ryuko.

Huh?

And Ryuko's completely unfazed, too. Did she already know this would happen?

The door slowly opened, and walked out of it was...

"Mr. Ishikawa?!"

"There you all are. Get in, I'll escort you to where we need to go."

"Uhm, what-"

"No asking questions. Get in the damn car Matsuda! Quickly, before I change my mind and go back on that agreement we made!"

We swiftly obeyed his commands and got in the car.

If this were in any other context, I'd feel very fortunate to even step foot into such a fancy vehicle!

The ride was uncomfortably quiet, presumably from the shock we all experienced when he came out of a limousine yelling at us to get in.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this was a kidnapping...

Wait, I don't actually know any better, am I actually being abducted?!