Chapter 2: Midterms Mania (PART 2)

Part 2

"Hey g-"

Once I got back to the clubroom, I was presented with a ludicrous sight.

Ryuko, along with Mitsuho, were engaging in what I could only describe as a bastardization of combat with a certain girl.

She isn't this school's student, has blue (probably dyed) hair, and looks around my age. Except for the blue hair, I recognize her other features.

In other words, I know who she is...

Shinsuke and Yui were sitting in the corner observing their antics, giving me a wave when they saw me enter.

"Chaos Slash!"

"Nether Rend!"

"Heh, you two are powerful, but alas, you're no match for me! For I am the Heavenly Host, the messenger of His gospel! Take this, heathens, Judgment!"

"Kuh, she's far too powerful, even for us!"

I'm really just a walking magnet for these types of people.

"Oi, do you three plan on role playing all day? And might I ask, what exactly are you doing here, Kaori-san?"

They turned their heads toward me, Mitsuho and Ryuko seemed relieved to see me, while the other girl had an expression of pure shock.

"Matsuda, you know her? Whatever, help us fight her!"

"Prince of Darkness, quickly! Assist us in ending this trifling conflict!"

"T-The Usurper?! Fine, I concede. However, this war is not yet over. Your arrival here will just be another source of motivation. Await my return, we'll meet again."

"Usurper?" x2

She said that and stormed out of the club room, giving me a few scary glares along the way.

She didn't even answer my question. Not like it needs answering, it's been too long for me to care.

Her moving out was all too sudden...

But...

What did I do to get dragged into this conflict, again?

"Whatever, we did it!" x2

"Before you two celebrate your victory, explain to me in excruciating detail what the hell just took place!"

"That was the Tyrant's Sentinel, intent on releasing the Heavenly Tyrant from his imprisonment, harnessing his power so that she may ascend to the throne! But, judging from you calling her name earlier, you should already know who she is."

The name doesn't even add up to what Kaori just said!

"What you're saying makes no sense! I know who she is, I just want to know what business she had here. Did you two make some trouble again?"

"A-Ahhh, let go Matsuda! I'm sorry! She's our enemy!"

Speak for yourself, I haven't seen that girl for a long time.

"An... enemy?"

"Yes, a nemesis. We have contrasting motivations, while I wish to seal the Heavenly Tyrant's powers away, she seeks its strength."

What kind of convoluted, esoteric lore is this?

Whatever, I won't even try to understand, it's of no use.

"Master and I fought valiantly, but without the Prince of Darkness, the scuffle wouldn't have ended so smoothly. Just his arrival was enough to deter the Tyrant's Sentinel and make her retreat in terror."