Chapter 5: 'Climactic' Conclusion to this Saga (PART 1)

Part 1

"There you two are. How unbelievable. Both the president and vice president going out for a date, on the day of the cultural festival? May I remind you, that you are relegating your duties to non-school members, also?"

These council guys aren't even hiding their contempt for us anymore...

Should I challenge them, or should I just suck it up?

Let's just prod them for a bit more, I think...

"Now, the first part is indeed true. But where did you get the idea that those two weren't school members? As far as I know, those look a hell of a lot like our school uniforms."

"Don't play coy with me, Matsuda-san! My patience is running thin with you! The council possesses records on every club that's ever been made, and every registration form that's ever been filled! Just one look at those files and we'd know right away! Even if they were our school students, the president and vice president should always take responsibility and be there for their club, not go out on some lovey-dovey date. Now, whatever excuses you have, throw them at me. I'll be here all day to debunk them."

Crap, that backfired on me harder than I thought...

Petty assholes...

They went this far out of their way just to eliminate us...

Just what the hell do I even do?

There's no way we're getting out of this one...

What's even worse is that any visitor who wants to get in is denied entry.

They cordoned off this place to everyone, making a huge scene around.

This is the worst case scenario...

We're lucky if we only get out of this with the club gone...

The council obviously wants us out of their sights, and now we don't even stand a chance with attracting visitors and boosting our ratings.

And this is inevitably gonna spark some controversy among the students, all of which will be advocating for our dissolution. They'll go along with whatever the council gives them without question.

And for good reason too, the council just recently made a change they all approve of. How could they not show trust and support for them?

Maybe this plan of theirs to celebrate a cultural festival for clubs is more sophisticated than I thought...

Now, sure, gossip lifespan in the student population is short, it'll blow over in a few days at best. But those few days are already enough justification for the school to agree with the council and shut down our club.

I honestly haven't a clue as to how we can maneuver our way out of this...

Everything about this spells certain doom for our club...

"Hmm? You're staying quiet? Can't finesse your way out, can you? You're doing the right thing, for once. Stop being a burden on the school, and hand over your clubroom keys."

What else could we do?

Staying silent is the only thing I could possibly do now. Saying anything will just blow this whole thing even more out of proportions than it already is.

Taking my silence as a satisfactory answer, the representative opened her mouth once again, to land the final killing blow.

"Now then, this discussion is over. By reason of gross mismanagement and negligence of the club, and gratuitous abuse of school budget and infrastructure, I hereby declare, on behalf of the student council and the school, the Goldilocks' Mystical Computerized Eastern Music Society, is officially, disbanded!"