Chapter 2: Midterms Mania (PART 5)

Part 5

Currently, I'm in the clubroom with Ryuko and her loyal servant.

I find it a bit strange that I spend quite a bit more time with these two than I do with my other friends, being Yui and Shinsuke.

I suppose Mitsuho's earlier philosophy about the mysterious gravitation between chuunibyous does hold some water if you look at it this way.

I should complain more about it, seeing Mitsuho and Ryuko plotting some other grand scheme, but this paradoxically peaceful atmosphere, it feels pleasant.

By the way, I elected to stop studying at the club since those two shippers will adamantly refuse to come to the clubroom otherwise.

Not making any progress, yet I still feel content.

Maybe it's the tea...

"Yahallo!"

What the hell?

"Yui-san? Just because you're Yui-san doesn't mean you have to act all Yui-like."

"E-Eh? What's that supposed to mean? N-Nevermind, at least Hideaki-kun isn't reacting negatively..."

"Wait, why are you saying it like reacting negatively should have been expected?"

"W-Well, when I went to other clubs, all the guys began crying at the mention of that word... Shinsuke said it would be a cute thing to say, but everyone's reacting like that..."

Crying? Does that really warrant crying?

Indecisive normies... Can't even handle the one-girl route...

"Why are you going around doing that in the first place?"

"Ah, I-I've said too much! I-It's nothing to bother my good friends with, haha..."

Seriously, how did that impudent guy land himself such a dependable girl?!

Before I could even notice it, Ryuko had already stood right next to Yui.

"Nonsense, of course we'll help you out with this very obvious ordeal you've been dealing with for a long time, but kept it repressed out of consideration, but still leaving out enough clues in the hopes someone will take the hint, like you just did. What exactly is it? Is it student council work? I recall noticing a few council members getting quite stressed out. Is it that? Am I correct? Tell me I'm right."

Oi, stop that, you're gonna make Yui cry.

"A-Ah, to think Ryuko had me all figured out. I guess I can't exactly hide it anymore, being in the student council is quite mentally taxing. This is something I can usually deal with myself, except this time, it's quite the problem. As of late, the council has been making some admittedly stupid decisions, and the students in turn has grown rebellious, distrusting and resentful. If we allow this rift to tear even further apart, I fear the possible onset of a long-lasting conflict between the council and our detractors."

A long-lasting conflict? Are you actually joking? Why does that sound so dumb and contrived? It's almost as if this is some over-the-top shounen series flimsily disguised as a slice-of-life, romantic comedy.

Wait, shouldn't it be backwards...?

Whatever!

Can't the council request the school staff or principal or whoever to put a stop to all this? They hold absolute power and dominion over everything in the confines of the school's ground. Can't they interfere just a little and call it a day?

"I know what you're thinking, Hideaki-kun. If only it were as easy as exerting our control... No, that is the nuclear option. Sure, no chance of an uprising, but the aftermath will be devastating. The bitterness students hold for the council will shift to the school, and our reputation will be irreparably damaged, the current council would fall from constant in-fighting, and sooner or later, the school would fall into a state of disarray, brewing an air of hostility and unease among us all, spelling certain doom for the school."