Chapter 3.1: Summer Shenanigans (PART 5)

Part 5

The last place we went to was a fireworks festival.

Me and Shinsuke have been waiting outside for at least two hours for the girls to get and try on the yukatas.

I almost fled the scene because of the reproachful glares from passersby, but Shinsuke held me back.

It was all too very much for someone like me to handle.

But after ages of waiting, they were finally done.

Under circumstances where I don't have any prior knowledge of these people, I'd say they were stunning, otherworldly beauties.

However, since three of them are unrelenting chuunibyous, and the other is already taken, I feel no emotion whatsoever.

"Matsuda! What's with that glazed look in your eyes? Are you already enamored with our sheer natural beauty?"

"Nevermind me. Shinsuke seems to be in distress, though."

"Hngh!"

Must be nice having a girlfriend...

You can gawk at her without being subjected to the dirty looks of people around.

"Let's go then, Master! We have to witness for ourselves the explosive display upcoming tonight!"

"It's still a long way until then, my servant! We can run around the festival grounds in the meantime."

That's the story of how a group of six completely destroyed a festival.

...

"Don't let it escape, Master!"

"Fufu, worry not! That aquatic creature is no match for me!"

"I got one!"

"Damn, this fish scam is harder to crack than I thought..."

"Maybe I can use this fish as a spy?"

Goldfish scooping was fun.

...

"Shadow Blaster: Prototype!"

"M-Master! That was very cool! I'll try it myself! Super Snipe!"

"Shall the apostles of Him cast their judgment upon you! Crystal Wing!"

"Boom, headshot! Sniping really is a good job!"

"..."

Yui's shooting is scary, to say the least.

She is incredibly efficient, and hasn't missed a single shot.

I'll be sure not to get on her bad side, unless I want to lose my head.

But, that aside, the shooting range was fun.

...

"Devil's Longsword Caladbolg!"

"Kaladanda, Staff of Death!"

"Seraphim, Wand of the Herald!"

"Oi, do you three really bring those everywhere you go? Put them back, the festival-goers are giving us weird looks."

"Hmph, Matsuda is such a killjoy."

"The fireworks are gonna come on in just a few minutes, so let's get going already."

"Since Matsuda desperately pleaded for my attention, I'm gonna comply with his willful requests this one time."

"That's technically true, but couldn't you have embellished it less so it didn't sound like I am at a subservient position?"