Chapter 2: Midterms Mania (PART 7)

Part 7

"Hey guys."

"Yo."

"Hello, Hideaki-kun."

"Ah, that's strange. How come you guys turned up here before Ryuko and Mitsuho? They're always here before anyone else."

"No idea, really. I didn't see them on the way here, either."

Just when Shinsuke finished that sentence, as if the universe realized it was late for work, Ryuko and Mitsuho burst in through the door.

"Thank the seven hells you're here, Prince of Darkness!"

"Hah? What is it?"

"It's an emergency! A Blood Type: Blue!"

"Oi, how much more blatant and simultaneously incomprehensible do you have to be?"

"S-Stop pulling on my cheeks already! You do that too much! It's the Tyrant's Sentinel, alright?!"

That girl? What does she want with me now?

"And I have to help you with your fantasies, again?"

"They're not fantasies! But yes, you got the right idea. She requested a fight!"

There's no point in refusing, Ryuko's gonna find a way to drag me back anyways. Might as well get it over with.

"Lead the way, then."

Upon hearing my words, Mitsuho and Ryuko ran straight to wherever they were going, leaving me in the dust.

"Oi, wait a minute! I can't run that fast!"

As I desperately tried to follow them, I was met with an inopportune encounter right outside in the clubroom hall.

"Well well, isn't that the Usurper? I knew you'd come after me. After all-"

I was met with the beginning of a villainous monologue.

"Kaori-san? Nice to meet you, too. What did you call me out here for? If you don't mind me asking, where have my friends gone?"

"Don't interrupt my monologue! Whatever, why do I have to explain my motivations to my bitter adversary? Die, bastard!"

She swung her feeble-looking plastic replica of a combat staff at my face.

Safe to say, it didn't deal any damage at all.

"I-Impossible! Maybe your Deflection Field is more powerful than my estimations! That blow would have killed any ordinary human!"

"Uhm, I really haven't got the time, so excuse me when I go search for my friends."

"No, I can't allow you to do so! Our duel is destined to take place right here, right now! Even if I perish, I can't delay it any further!"

Hmm, I can actually take advantage of a situation like this.

"If I win, will you sit down and just talk it out? Maybe let me fetch my friends?"

"And what if I win?"

"We'll think about that when it happens."

Kaori's lips curled into a smile, possibly baffled by my overconfidence.

"How cheeky and insufferable, just like how I remember."

Okay, a shitty one liner, off to a good start.

I still can't believe it's the second consecutive week I have to do this...

--Chuunibyou Vision--