Chapter 5: 'Climactic' Conclusion to this Saga (PART 9)

Part 9

"There it is, Prince of Darkness! The car you asked for! You don't know how much I had to hide it from my parents!"

Someone's very enthusiastic.

Her personality did a complete 180 as soon as I told her the plan.

Well, she was bubbly and hyper in both forms, but whatever, I prefer this one.

Anyways, luckily there's exactly one butler who was willing to drive us there.

Thank you, Sebastian!

"This guy really said there's nothing he could do but then whipped up an insane plan a few days later. Why am I not surprised?"

"Shinsuke! Don't say that! Hideaki-kun is doing a good thing here! But, I do have to ask, what made you change your mind all of sudden?"

"I just figured this would be a good plan. After all, why not try it? I spent all this time trying to build it up, after all."

I couldn't tell them that Kaori of all people was the one who got me to spring into action. I won't be able to live it down if I did.

By the way, speaking of which, that girl is not joining the brigade. Easy to see why, she doesn't really know Ryuko or the Ishikawa's, so bringing her along would just be unnecessary.

That said, she's still the first person in my contact list if anything with this goes awry. I hope I won't have to resort to that, though...

"Welp, whatever it is, Ishikawa-san is still damn lucky. It's hard to find a guy mad enough to stand up against her family."

"Wasn't it you guys who kept rushing me to come after her, though?"

"That's just because we don't have to take as much responsibility."

As twisted as that sounds, it makes sense. If I fail here, my sentence will be much worse than theirs.

"Whatever, I already said it. It's not me who's gonna be doing the standing up against them. That'll be you guys', and Ryuko's job. My mission is just a simple in and out."

"Even so, doing this takes a lot of bravery, Hideaki-kun. I'm glad you decided to follow through with your plan."

"About that, are you guys not apprehensive or hesitant at all? You all unanimously went along with it as soon as the words left my mouth."

"To be honest, this plan is very shaky, Prince of Darkness. I trust Master, but she's a factor we can't control, and the success of our plan all comes down to her."

"I have to agree. It's a miracle if this actually ends up working due to how unpredictable Ishikawa-san may be, no offense to her by the way. I mean, I'm not sure if we can persuade the Ishikawa's in the first place."

E-Eh? Why is troop morale absolutely abysmal now?

After everything we've gone through, I honestly expected them to say 'You can count on me!' or something similarly generic.

My expectations for these guys are way too high...

"N-Now, now. Hideaki-kun is trying his best, so let's all say kind words..."

Ah, there she is, coming to my rescue.

"Even if it doesn't look the most favourable for us..."

"Y-Yui-san?!"

Even she's lost faith in me?!

"But, if it's something Hideaki-kun has in mind for Ryuko, I'm sure he'll find a way to turn everything around. At the end of the day, we're just buying time for him to resolve everything with Ryuko. Hideaki-kun, we're counting on you, alright?"