Engaging the Autobots.

I look at the vehicon handling the comstation, "Should I open the groundbridge?" he asks, I nod. I turn away from him as a groundbridge opens in front of me and I slowly walk forward through it and into these mining.

I wonder who the autobots that attacked were.

I move through the glowing green portal as the feeling of my very atoms being moved from the ship to the mining facility. It's a feeling that I've never found myself getting used to, it's not a feeling that hurts or causes discomfort but it is something that I always feel.

I've never heard anyone complain about it, I wonder if everyone feels like this going through the portal or if it's just me.

And just as the feeling came, it left me behind as the green vanished around me and felt the rocky floor and felt the damp air against my screen.

I look around at the mine, it's shaped like most of them are. A spiral pattern spinning both up and down.

I seem to have groundbridged to an alcove on the spiral system, it would appear that the comstation that sent the message of the attack was here.

I scan the surroundings as I walk towards the edge of the spiral to get a look at the whole mine. I see from the vehicon bodies that some were destroyed by blunt force and others were hit by blasters, I also take note of the multiple blasts per vehicon which would indicate a weaker blaster, likely from a weaker autobot.

I would assume the autobots known as Bulkhead and Arcee were behind the attack as this would line up with what is known of their weaponry and tactics, although it could just be a considenes.

As I walk towards the rocky edge I hear a faint, low and continuous sound.

"Laserbeak" I speak through the sparkbond to my mincon, "Compare that sound to the database"

After a few seconds I hear him answer "Master Soundwave, I am unable to find an exact match, but I believe that the sound may come from a Mk2 driller vehicle"

"Unlikely, all driller vehicles currently in use require constant pressure on the trigger mechanism and any surviving vehicons wouldn't no longer be operating the equipment"

And as our conversion ended I reached the rocky edge and looked down to the bottom of the pit. A large boulder sits in the middle of the pit, and I also see a driller operating against the boulder and drilling into it.

I am able to see two figures, one on the driller and one standing next to it. I zoom my vision in order to see the figures and scan them. I am quickly able to identify them as autobots known as Bulkhead and Arcee, with Arcee handling the driller. it would seem my previous observations to be correct.

"Disconnect" I give the order to Laserbeak through the bond. He quickly follows my order and lunches off from me and starts to dissent down the pit.

I quickly follow by jumping off the edge and shifting into my drone version. I never understood why some cybertronings enjoyed transformers. It was always just something I had to do while others actively enjoyed both it and the feeling of flight or driving, knock-out especially.

I push my thoughts to the back of my processors as I fly down, I fly downwards and come to the top of the boulder. When I am near its top I transform back into my preferred form.

The two bots look up, shocked looks upon their faces which are quickly replaced with more serious, battle ready expressions.

"Soundwave!" Bulkhead yells, as he does this Arcee lets go of the driller controls and jumps back from the vehicle and next to the bulkhead, the both of them raise their blaster upwards towards me.