Chapter 112: Care

[CARE]

EUNICE'S P. O. V

I had just entered the room and found Luna stifling a laugh, which annoyed me as I slumped onto the couch. "Stop laughing, lunatic."

She bit her lower lip to hide her smirk. "You really know them, don't you?"

No one was angry. No arguments happened. Everything that happened was just a fabrication of mine to make it seem like the two were at war, scaring gunggongs.

Flashback...

When we all left the bathroom, we were greeted by a bunch of lazy gunggongs in various conditions—some asleep, others on the verge of passing out.

"Who's keeping an eye on Leo and Kian?" Stella asked. Rance, with sleepy eyes, glanced at Stella. "Warren and Vincent, Eunice."

"Alright, kami na muna ang bahala sa kanila because, without a doubt, they're as sleepy as you all are," Luna said.

"We'll handle it," Xenor interjected, seemingly awakened by Luna's voice. His sleepy eyes opened as he sat up. It was as if Luna's voice had jolted him awake.

Luna raised her right hand to stop Xenor, who was about to stand. "Hep, hep, hep! Balik sa pagtulog. Just look at those eyebags." She even pointed at them.

They stared at each other saglit, and without another word, Xenor lay back down and gave up as he was too lazy to argue and loved Luna to do it. 

"Get some sleep," I seconded, just finishing applying lipstick. "We'll take care of Leo and Kian. Nothing to worry about. We're not as sleepy as you guys."

It seemed we couldn't convince the others until Luna spoke again. "Okay. Once someone's awake, kayo naman. Palitan lang. Does that sound good?"

The few who were awake reluctantly nodded.

I was the first to leave the room, followed by the two amazonas. When we arrived sa kabilang room, we weren't surprised to find the pair asleep in their chairs. Stella and Luna gently woke them.

"Go join the others and sleep in the other room," Luna softly instructed the two.

Vincent rubbed his eyes as he stood up. "Paano naman kayo?"

"We'll handle things here since none of us are sleepy yet. Don't worry, when one of you wakes up, you can take over for us," I reassured them.

The two exchanged glances before nodding. "Alright."

They both got up, yawning and left the room while we sat down.

"What can we do to stay awake?" Luna asked, clearly not planning on closing her eyes anytime soon. The truth was, I was also feeling sleepy, but it was lessened after we showered. Stella, on the other hand, was fighting off sleep with all her might.

"I can't think of anything. My brain isn't working, and I'm really tired," I admitted.

"Ako rin," Stella said with a yawn. "I think I'll be absent-minded today."

I nodded in agreement.

MINUTES passed, and the sleepiness Stella and I felt slowly faded, thanks to Luna's endless chatter. She was rambling about all sorts of nonsense, almost like she had lost her mind.

"What if sa ibang planeta, merong ako? Alien nga lang pero Luna rin? Maayos kaya buhay niya dun?"

See?