Chapter 127: Discovered

[DISCOVERED]

DETH'S P. O. V

I woke up to an unusual silence. It felt strange. No one was yelling, and the room was surprisingly tidy. Everyone was quietly going about their own business, and it felt... odd.

Nagtama ang mga mata namin ni Luna pagkabukas ko ng pinto ng kwarto. Lumipat kasi ako sa kabilang room kagabi.

"Deth!" sigaw niya.

Huh? Did I startle her?

Kumunot ang noo ko nang isa-isang nabuhayan ng loob ang mga loko. Isa-isa silang bumati sa akin na lalong ikinaduda ko. Lumapit sa akin si Chaos.

"Have you all had breakfast?" I asked, brushing off their strange behavior. Maybe the amazons scolded them. Let it be. I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. Sometimes, I felt sorry for them too.

"We're done, Deth. There's some left for you," Eunice replied with a smile, folding clothes while Wolf helped her. She kept swatting his hand away whenever he tried to pick up a piece of clothing. "I told you to rest."

"I'm just trying to help," Wolf insisted stubbornly.

I'm glad they're talking after what happened. Sa ganitong sitwasyon namin, mahirap na kung pati kami may problema sa isa't isa.

Chaos gently guided me to a seat, and Luna sat beside me, uncovering the food.

"Did you scold them? Is that why they're so quiet?" I whispered, glancing at them. They looked like wilted plants, except Stella, who was glaring daggers at them, and Eunice, who kept kicking those sitting on the floor.

"Tahimik?" Luna asked, just as a spoon clattered to the floor. I was about to bend down to pick it up when she placed a hand on my chest, stopping me. "Ako na."

She bent down, and just as she lifted her head, Rance shouted, disrupting Steven, who was quietly working on a Rubik's cube in the corner.

"Never mind," I said instead of reprimanding Rance, realizing it was a good thing to hear some noise and there was nothing to worry about.

Maybe the news about Knoxx should come from Panotchi. Kuya Hades had told me when I woke up that Knoxx was in stable condition, and Wolf had confirmed it.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang marinig ko ang boses ni Wolf na nakikipagtalo kay Eunice. Napatingin ako sa kaniya. Shouldn't his condition be worse than Knoxx's? He was the first to get hit among us, while Knoxx...

Our eyes met, and I wasn't sure if I was imagining it, but I saw a flash of guilt in his eyes before he looked away, focusing on Eunice again.

Baka delikado ang parte ng katawan na tinamaan kay Knoxx. I should ask Panotchi later to be sure.

"Deth."

Luna's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, and looked at her. "Hmm?"

She glanced at my plate, which she had already filled with rice and dishes. "Kain na."

I smiled and nodded, starting to eat. As I took my first bite, a thought crossed my mind, making me smile secretly.

Elisse isn't here. I can focus on Luna, and I can show her my affection without that witch interfering.

I propped my chin on my hand and gazed at Luna. I couldn't see her face because of her hair, so I gently brushed it back, tucking it behind her ear. She looked at me, and my eyes widened when I saw tears streaming down her face. 

Alarmed, I moved my chair closer to her and gently wiped her tears. "What happened?"

She didn't say anything, just stared into my eyes, her tears continuing to fall. My chest tightened. Why is she crying? Is she worried about our situation?