Chapter 133: Ambushed

[AMBUSHED]

LUNA'S P. O. V

We were standing right at the entrance of the school, wearing our uniforms. It seemed like our arrival had captured everyone's attention, and we could hear the whispers and murmurs of the other students as we walked in.

Nasa unahan kami ni Deth habang nasa gilid at likod naman namin ang iba.

"Grabe namang kapogian 'to, gumagawa ng ingay," mayabang na sabi ni Chaos dahilan para matawa ang iba sa amin. Binatukan siya ni Storm kaya natahimik.

The noise subsided when a girl approached us. She was about the same height as Deth, with fair skin, blonde hair, and a chinita. "Deth, Ma'am Ysobel is summoning you. We have an urgent meeting," she said.

"Okay, susunod ako," tipid na sagot ni Deth. The girl nodded and turned away, and I couldn't help but watch her as she walked off. My gaze was suddenly interrupted when Deth spoke up again.

"She's just the SSG Treasurer."

I raised an eyebrow. I noticed how he swallow hard, trying to keep his cool.

"You two still aren't official, Deth," Tev teased, grinning widely.

"Shut up," Deth snapped, irritation creeping into his voice.

"Hindi ko naman tinatanong." I muttered, rolling my eyes as I tried to walk past. But before I could, he quickly moved to block my path. "You're way prettier than her."

"Alam ko naman 'yan." I replied flatly, fighting the urge to laugh as I noticed his nervousness. His eyes kept darting around, as if seeking help from the people behind me.

"Tsaka hindi siya l-lunatic."

I heard soft gasps and chuckles behind me.

"He's dead," I heard Eunice matter with soft laugh.

I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him. "So, you want someone who isn't a lunatic?"

He glanced behind me, and I turned to see our friends, the boys shaking their heads and the girls giggling uncontrollably.

"May sinabi ba ako?" Napalingon ako kay Deth. He looked confident now. "Because I'm a lunatic too, which means we're a perfect match."

I bit my lip to suppress a smile. "And what makes you a lunatic, huh?"

He scratched the back of his head, but that didn't stop a smile from spreading across his face. He slid his hands into his pockets and leaned in slightly so our faces were almost level. "I'm madly in love with you. You can call me crazy or a lunatic, but you should know that the reason behind it... is you."

I was about to respond when Xenor suddenly appeared behind Deth and grabbed his collar.

"What the fu-"

"You've got a meeting," Xenor interrupted lazily, releasing Deth's collar before walking away.

When Deth and I locked eyes, I softly punched him in the stomach before walking past him.