Chapter 145: Separate

[SEPERATE]

DETH'S P. O. V

I had been summoned to be informed that Lucky and the Tolentino family would be arriving the next day after tomorrow, along with Luna's two older brothers.

Lucky wasn't brought in immediately because Tanda wanted to prepare for her arrival. He made sure there was nothing in the mansion that might be inappropriate for Lucky's young age. He even had Lucky's room, which he had designed years ago, thoroughly redecorated to be more suitable to her age now.

"Come in," sabi ni Tanda nang makarinig kami ng tatlong katok.

The door swung open, and my eyes widened as my classmates barged in-the loud ones shoved past each other, racing to be first, while the more well-behaved ones trailed behind, looking helpless.

"Panotchi!" Zairus yelled, his voice booming through the room. I winced, shutting my eyes tightly as if the noise physically hurt. I opened my eyes and asked Storm what was going on with my two eyes.

"Alcohol," he mouthed.

Alcohol? Alak? Bakit?

"What are you guys doing here?" Tanda asked, his confusion obvious as he looked from me to them. I met his bewildered gaze, but I was just as lost.

"P'wede ba kaming uminom?" Vincent asked. "Preferably Red Horse or Gin? We were craving your imported drinks, but we missed those two the most."

My jaw dropped.

Tanda shot me an accusatory look, his eyes narrowing. "Did you know about this, Deth?"

I quickly shook my head and glared at the troublemakers. "No."

"Hoy, Panotchi! Dahil sa'yo natigil ang pag-iinom namin!" Zairus protested, pointing at Eagle dramatically.

"How is this my fault? And besides, you guys aren't even old enough to be drinking," Tanda retorted, the stress already visible on his face despite the conversation only having just begun.

Napatingin ako sa ulo niya. Oh, his hair was about to lose.

"Nagpaalam na kami sa mga magulang namin kung 'yon ang inaalala mo! Nothing bad's going to happen to us," Gavin countered, as if that made it all okay.

"Alcohol-deprived idiots," Warren muttered under his breath.

"What do you think, Deth?" Tanda's eyes landed on me, making me frown as I sighed. He chuckled, shaking his head as if amused by my reaction.

Ang matandang 'to. Alam niya.

"It's been a while since I had a drink..." I mumbled, causing the alcohol-deprived boys to cheer loudly.

"So you're approving this?" Tanda asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah."

"And you're responsible for them?" He asked quickly, his voice firm.

I squeezed my eyes shut again, cursing under my breath. Right, not everyone here could handle their alcohol. Great.

"Please, Deth, please..."

I opened my eyes and saw the pleading looks on their faces. Their desperation was almost comical.

"Susunod kaming lahat sa utos mo tomorrow, promise," sabi ni Chaos.

I sighed deeply and nodded. "Okay, fine."

"Tomorrow, because they're not listening to you right now," sabi ni River.