Chapter 105: Distance

[DISTANCE]

LUDICROUS' P. O. V

NASA mansyon ako ng Gutierrez at nasa office ni Eagle. Kaharap ko siya. Nakaupo siya sa swivel chair niya habang nakakrus ang mga braso.

"How's finding him?" He asked. His eyes were sharp looking directly at me.

"Still no updates about him," I informed. What he wants is really impossible.

He swept everything off his desk, sending papers and objects crashing to the floor. His face was flushed with rage. "Who the hell is he, really?! He's damn good at hiding in his shell!" he shouted, voice trembling with anger.

I sighed heavily and sat on the couch, calm and unbothered. "I already told you that it is so impossible to know his real identity. You have the majority of knights so why bother?"

"Still, his support is crucial for my success, dominance, and security of my position in the Knight Council!" He shouted.

Bakit pa nga ba ako nagtanong? Eh ito naman palagi ang sagot niya sa akin.

What he said was true but, I don't think it is all about his support. Sino'ng niloloko niya? I've been working under him for almost six years. I know he's thinking that if he finds and meets the twelfth knight, it would be a major triumph for him. He'd earn admiration and respect, not just from the knights, but from all the gang leaders, further solidifying his power.

I ran my hands through my hair, gripping it in frustration as I felt intense frustration. "I know but what we should prioritize is on how we're going to get the ring and crystal from Frederick because what if he is not on your side? What if he'll reject you and oppose your plans?"

"I don't care. I just need to meet him and know who really is." He paused. "If he's really not on my side, then you better find and bring to me the ring and crystal," may diing sabi niya. "Did you call Sarmiento? Did he find something about that damn knight?" He asked. He's really obsessed with the twelfth knight. Damn.

"Still no updates, too but last night he told me that Elisse is doing good. Nagkakagulo ang mga kaklase niya," I said, making his face lighten up a bit. "That's good."

Ang bilis magbago ng mood nitong lalaking 'to. Gusto niya lang gumawa ng gulo. That's his reason. Wala nang iba pa. Madalas ang pagsumpong ng sakit niya. Sakit niya sa utak.

"You know. Sarmiento was right. You see them as your toy not your people. You keep using them para itumba ang mga kalaban mo kaya bakit mo gustong pag-away-awayin sila? Kung magpatayan sila, paano ka nalang? Kahit mga bata 'yun, mas matitinik pa sa mga tauhan natin ang mga 'yun at alam kong alam mo 'yan kaya nga dati kapag sinasabi ni Sarmiento sa'yo na may nanganganib na buhay sa mga 'yun ay hinahayaan mong gamutin at ipadala sa hospital kahit delikado. Naguguluhan na ako sa'yo."

Mahina siyang natawa at nakakalokong tiningnan ako. "Deth is always desperate when it comes to his friends. He will do everything for them. I always allow his requests to save his classmates." He smiled deviously. "I want his classmates so entangled in debt that they have no choice but to bow to Deth, seeing him as their only salvation. Once they're under his sway, obedience will follow naturally. With Deth under Sarmiento's control, and Sarmiento under mine, i hold the power to manipulate and control every one of them with ease."

"Now, they're fighting. So, ang ibigsabihin mo ay ipapasalo mo na naman ang lahat kay Deth?"

He slowly nodded and lowered his gaze sa nilalaro niyang ballpen sa daliri niya. "Yes, but if Deth fails to fix their problem, it's fine. It simply proves that their trust and love aren't as strong as they think. It's better that they don't trust or love each other anyway. Since they became official dark students, they've stepped into our world—a world where love has no place. Love is a weakness that can destroy everything, and I hate mess."