Chapter 114: Celebration

[CELEBRATION]

LUNA'S P. O. V

Two days had passed since Deth's confession. When I returned, no one suspected I had left the room because they still found me there the next morning.

Sinigurado ko talagang makakabalik ako sa oras bago magising ang iba sa kanila.

"Knoxx! Tulungan kana namin!" Sander shouted as he spotted Knoxx arriving with a cooler full of barbecues from Panotchi.

We were preparing for a celebration—the birthdays of River and Warren, and the recovery of Deth, Kian, and Leo. Pareng Hades had informed us that today Deth would return to us, so we decided to go ahead with the feast. It would also serve as a welcome back for him.

"Waahhh!"

I quickly scanned the area because of the shout until I saw Zai dragging Rance by the feet, his body sprawled on the sand. I shut my eyes tight, taking a deep breath to calm myself before opening them again. "Hoy! Ano na naman 'yan, ha?!"

"Ate!" Nagsusumbong na sigaw ni Rance nang magtama ang mga mata namin.

Zai glared at me. "Bastos 'tong kapatid mo! Tinadyakan ba naman ako!"

Tinaasan ko siya ng isang kilay ko. "At ano naman kasi ang ginawa mo?"

"Wala! Nakikipaglandian lang ako kay Stella tapos tinadyakan niya ako kaya muntik akong masubsob!"

I closed my eyes, trying to suppress my frustration. This guy really can't stay out of trouble.

When I opened my eyes again, I spotted Gavin, who was setting up the basketball ring for later. "Gav! Your brother's at it again, starting trouble." 

Nilingon niya 'ko. "Bakit ako?"

Bumagsak naman ang balikat ko. "Kasi kapatid ka?"

He looked up, massaging his temple, clearly stressed out. When he glanced back down, he shot Rance a glare. "Get over here."

"Ayaw." Pagmamatigas ni Rance. Nabitiwan na siya ni Zai kasi hinila na ito papalayo ni Stella.

"Isa."

Rance quickly got up and dusted himself off. As he approached Gavin, he made a peace sign. "Joke lang nam—Ow!" he yelped as Gavin punched him. He was about to protest when Gavin grabbed his arm and sat him down on the bench.

"Stay there. Try getting up, and that punch won't be the last. Got it?"

Rance gulped and nodded without saying a word.

"Luna what do you think of Panotchi?"

Napalingon ako kay Eunice na nasa likod ko at nagco-crosstitch pang regalo sa dalawang birthday boy. Natawa naman ako nang marinig sa bibig niya ang tawag ko kay Sarmiento. "I don't know."

Eunice tilted her head in thought. "Yeah, I feel the same. I used to loathe him, wanted to choke him until he die. But sometimes, I get this feeling that maybe I shouldn't. Like there's something good in him." Frustrated, she ran her hands through her hair quickly. "I really don't know na talaga. Kaasar."

"Maybe dahil sa minsan pinagbibigyan niya tayo at nakikisakay siya sa atin lalo na ngayon," I said, trying to make sense of my own feelings. It was the only explanation I could think of for why I was starting to feel more at ease around Panotchi.

"Right? He doesn't seem to have anything to gain from this," she pondered aloud, still perplexed.

"Eunice!"

"What na naman ba?!" Eunice snapped back. The guys, especially Wolf, had been calling her name nonstop because Storm couldn't teach them how to do kites. He's busy sa pag-aasikaso ng mga handa namin. We were planning to fly kites kasi mamaya, and Eunice was the one who brought up that idea. She asked Storm to teach her how to do it knowing that he is quite skilled in arts and crafts, so she assumed that he could make some sort of unique kites. Storm taught her and in return, Eunice would be the one who would taught the gunggongs.