Chapter 134: Rescued

[RESCUED]

DENVER'S P. O. V

I found myself in a place unfamiliar, but I was certain this was one of the many abandoned properties Eagle owned.

I wasn't tied up, no ropes or chains. I was just sitting in a chair, but the pounding in my chest wouldn't let me relax, not with the three armed men standing behind me, their presence like a shadow of impending danger.

The only one who knew I left was Kuya Hades, but I doubted he'd keep this from Deth and the others. That was fine, though. They wouldn't know where these men had taken me.

Buo na ang desisyon kong iwan sila. I had caused too many sins, secrets, and betrayals, the very reason we sometimes failed missions in the past. Before Knoxx and Elisse, there was me, the root of all the chaos. Ako ang gumagawa ng gulo noon sa pagitan ng mga kaklase ko. The reason I always seemed to be near Luna wasn't coincidence—it was because Eagle had me follow her, keeping tabs on her every move. I was also the one reporting Knoxx's actions, which is why Eagle constantly reprimanding and punishing him. Ginawa ko ang lahat ng ito dahil sa utang na loob kay Eagle.

I never experienced real care, especially not from a family. My own father hated me. But Eagle... Eagle made me feel wanted. He took me in, provided for me, made me feel like I mattered. He gave me a chance to prove that I wasn't cursed. But it was all a lie, part of his game. He exploited my weakness, gaining my loyalty by trapping me in an endless debt of gratitude. But now, I wanted to break free from him. Matagal ko ng nabayaran lahat ng mga binigay niya sa akin.

What truly drove me to confront Eagle today ay ang maliit na tsansa na masagot ang ilang mga katanungan na ilang araw na gumugulo sa isip ko. Gaano man kaliit ang chance na meron ako, kailangan ko itong kapitan. If I was right, it would be the only redemption I could offer to Deth and the others.

A woman walked toward the table in front of me, placing a laptop. On the screen, a masked man appeared. I didn't need to see his face to know—it was Eagle.

"Where's that old bastard?" He growled.

"I don't know, nakapiring kami no'ng dinala kami ro'n, mula pagsakay hanggang makababa kami," diretsong sagot ko saka nagpakawala ng buntong-hininga.

"You don't know but you said "ro'n?" He let out a bitter laugh. "Do you think I am joking?!"

Kita ko ang pag-apoy ng mga mata niya sa galit. Itinapon niya lahat ng gamit niya sa mesa at tanging laptop nalang na gamit niya ang natira. Nang ibalik niya ang tingin niya sa akin, huminga siya nang malalim. "I will make sure he dies this week."

"Kung kaya mo," I whispered after letting out a heavy sigh.

How could he do that? That's insane. Panotchi is the twelfth knight.

"You went there to lure your friends out, so I could get Luna. Okay, I'll let this slide for now but you need to tell me what the place looks like after I get Luna," may diin niyang sabi. "Anyway, ano 'yung bagay na ipapakita mo? Make sure na magugustuhan ko 'yan or else-"

I lied to him. I told him there was a tracker on my phone, planted by Panotchi, which would lead Luna and the others to me if they came looking. It was the plan I told his men earlier so they could get Luna and kill my classmates and I had vital information about Panotchi, just before they called him so they'd believe I genuinely wanted to help Eagle. But of course, I knew Eagle wasn't here and just requested a video call. He agreed because I told him that I had a thing that he needed to see but of course, it was only a lie. I just need to see his eyes and how he talks while pushing him to his limit to get what I need from him.