Chapter 124: Blame

[BLAME]

LUNA'S P. O. V

We returned to the island without Knoxx, Wolf, and Elisse. They were left behind because they need to be given proper treatment. To be honest, we weren't even sure if they were truly treated. After we brought them to a safe house, we were immediately ushered onto the yacht, leaving everything uncertain.

Panotchi had given us a strict order: follow his instructions, or the doctors wouldn't be allowed to treat the three of them. We had no choice but to comply, even though every part of my being screamed against it. Deth reassured us that they would be taken care of, thanks to Hades.

May tiwala ako kay Pareng Hades.

"They'll be okay, Zai," Stella said softly, trying to comfort Zai, whose hands were trembling again. Zai couldn't sit still, his anxiety was evident. It was a good thing Stella had convinced her to sleep during the journey, allowing him to get some rest, even if just a little.

My eyes scanned the room, searching for Kuya Luci. When our gazes locked, I realized he had been watching me. Without hesitation, I stood and walked over to him.

"Kailangan nating mag-usap," sabi ko, leaving no room for argument.

Once, he had kept the truth from me. I forgave him, but the fear remained—what if he did it again? What if he was acting without my knowing again, kahit involve ako? What if, this time, hindi ko na siya mapatawad?

He didn't move, his eyes glued to me as if silently telling me I was being too obvious. Wow? Parang hindi siya ganito nitong mga nakaraang araw, ah? I closed my eyes tightly, taking a deep, frustrated breath. When I opened them, I grabbed his hand, pulling him to his feet.

"Luna."

I stopped walking and looked seriously at Eunice, who called me. "May pag-uusapan lang kami. Walang susunod."

Even without looking, I knew everyone's attention was on us, likely wondering what Kuya and I were about to discuss. But I ignored them and continued walking. When we reached the kitchen, I let go of his hand and turned to face him. 

I extended my hand. Kunot-nuong nagbaba siya ng tingin sa kamay ko. "Ano 'yan?"

"Nasa sa'yo ba ang phone mo? Pahiram ako," I demanded. Earlier, napansin kong may hinawakan siyang bukol sa bulsa niya, probably his phone, worried it might fall or be seen by our classmates. He had probably just finished talking to Kuya and hadn't put it back in wherever he got it.

Nagsalubong ang kilay niya. "You act boldly just-"

"Just give me the phone." I insisted, my patience is wearing thin.

He watched me as he slowly pulled his phone out of the pocket of his joggers. As soon as he handed it over, I snatched it from him, startling him.

"He can't do that."

I wasted no time, quickly typed Kuya Kaiser's phone number. It started ringing. I quickly pressed it against my ear.

Nagbaba ako ng tingin sa phone at ongoing na ang call kaya madali kong itinapat ang phone sa tainga ko.

[Hello?] 

I frowned, recognizing Kuya Axel's voice instead of Kuya Kaiser's. "Kuya, nasaan si Kuya Kaiser? Why do you have his phone?"

[He's playing with Ced. He just got home. He hasn't been home in days because—]

"Please pass the phone to him. Gusto ko po siyang makausap," I interrupted, my words rushed. I needed to speak to him now, to clear everything up.