Chapter 130: Prankster

[PRANKSTER]

DETH'S P. O. V

I stood in front of him—Tanda, who was standing in front of me. My mouth was dry, and I couldn't bring myself to speak. I knew the moment I shared my thoughts, he'd oppose them. The idea churned in my mind, but my lips stayed sealed, fearing his reaction.

"W-why looking at me like that?" he asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice.  "I already did what I thought you wanted a long time ago. Your classmates know some details about their real situation and the battles they're in. Two of them have even been reunited with their families. What more do you want, Deth?" he asked, his frustration clear as he scratched the back of his head, his patience wearing thin.

"C-can you leave them out of your plans?" I blurted out, almost without thinking. His eyes widened, shocked by my words. He put his hands on his hips and let out a breathy laugh, almost in disbelief. "L-leave? Leave?!"

"Dad, let's just leave them here on the island. It's safer for them here. We can come back and get them once we've straightened things out—"

"Do you even hear what you're saying, Deth, huh?!" he exploded, his voice echoing off the walls, but I held my ground, my gaze locked with his furious eyes. He pointed an accusatory finger at me, disbelief etched on his face. "I took a risk because you were struggling! I saw how hard it was for you, so even though it was difficult for me, I did it for you! Because I was scared—scared that you would lose all your friends!" His voice cracked, the intensity of his emotions pouring out. I glanced at Kuya Hades, sensing we both noticed the same thing. I turned back to Tanda, and my eyes confirmed what I felt—tears were forming in his eyes. "I'm afraid that if I'm gone, there won't be anyone left to support you, to help you, and now you're telling me this?! You want to distance them from us? From you? Just because what—because they're mad at you and can't accept what's happening?!"

I bit my lip, feeling my chest tighten painfully. If I lose anyone else... like Knoxx... I might lose myself. Feeling weak, I sat into the visitor's chair. "Dad, I don't know what to do anymore..." My hands clenched into fists as tears streamed down my face. "I understand why they're angry at me... I've prepared myself for this, but it still hurts so much."

"Deth..."

Matapang na nag-angat ako ng tingin sa kaniya kahit na hindi ko mapigilan ang pagluha ko. "Huli na, Dad. Huli na 'to. Huli ko ng pakiusap sa'yo. Give my classmates the freedom to choose—to stay here or to come with me when I leave the island."

Alam kong hindi siya papayag na lahat ay maiiwan dito at hindi lalaban. Imposible 'yon kaya tanging ito na lang ang naiisip kong paraan para pumayag siya.

"Deth hindi p'wede. Mahirap 'yang gusto mong mangyari. Alam mong malaking kawalan sa atin kung mababawasan kayo. I didn't train them just to leave us in the end. I fought to give some of them a chance to live so they could stand by your side in our battles, so they could be with you if I'm no longer here—not so you could beg me to leave them behind."

I stood up, my heart pounding with frustration. "You-"

"I think it's the best option, Panotchi."

Both Tanda and I turned to Kuya Hades. He looked dead serious, casually twirling a pen in his hand. "If they don't have the will to fight, they might just end up dead out there. Make them choose."

This was something I had thought about as well. Forcing someone who has lost the will to fight is suicide. That's not the kind of battle I want. Being a full-fledged dark student comes with heavy responsibilities.

Our real battle is just beginning, and if they don't have the strength to continue, they shouldn't be forced to.

Tanda's gaze shifted back and forth between me and Kuya Hades before he massaged his temples and slowly nodded. "Fine."