Chapter 120: Finally

[FINALLY]

LUNA'S P. O. V

The atmosphere shifted abruptly when Pareng Hades arrived, cutting through our laughter like a knife. His news was serious: tomorrow night, we had a mission.

"We're going to retrieve a special briefcase from Saavedra's care," he announced. Curious, I asked what was inside and why it was so special, but all I got in return was a deadly glare from Pareng Hades.

Tinarayan ko naman siya.

The team for the mission included me, Deth, Rance, Steven, Stella, Eunice, Wolf, Storm, Gavin, Kian, Sander, and Elisse.

"They didn't even let us finish our fun," Rance grumbled. Even though the mission wasn't until tomorrow, we were already heading into the mansion to prepare.

Preparation wasn't exactly our style, especially since Pareng Hades hadn't told us anything beyond the mission's time and objectives.

"Where's Deth?" Stella asked, glancing around.

"He's in Elisse's room, taking care of her," Denver replied casually.

"Damn it," Eunice cursed under her breath, her frustration was evident. She turned to me, her expression apologetic. "Sorry, Luna."

"Huh? For what?" I asked, genuinely puzzled.

"For... well, if Elisse hadn't been beaten up and things hadn't gotten that bad, Deth wouldn't be—"

"Baliw ka ba? Kami nga ang nauna at nakarami kay Elisse tsaka ano ka ba? Aalagaan niya talaga si Elisse kasi girlfriend niya, eh." I interrupted, cutting off her unnecessary guilt. I trust Deth. Whatever was going through his mind, when he told me he loved me, I felt the truth in his words.

"Xenor, what's with that face?" Rance teased, chuckling. "Oh, is it because you're not part of the mission?"

Xenor shot him a sharp look, his eyes narrowing. "Shut up."

"Take care of yourselves tomorrow," Kuya Luci said seriously, his voice lowering as his gaze landed on me, causing a secret smile to tug at my lips. "Protect each other—except for that one. Let her die."

"Let's get some sleep para may lakas tayo tomorrow. What do you all think?" Eunice suggested, trying to lift the mood.

"Sige, tara na." Zai agreed. "Napagod din ako sa ginawa natin kanina."

One by one, they got up, a few heading to the bathroom together—nothing unusual for them.

I stood up and left the room. I smiled when I saw Xenor standing while his elbows were resting on the railing. I walked towards him. He felt my presence as he looked at me. 

"Ano'ng problema?" I asked as I saw from his face that he is not in the mood.

"Mag-ingat ka bukas. Come back safe."

His concern brought a smile to my face. "Of course. We'll all come back safe. Ayun lang ba ang pinag-aalala mo?"

"Huwag mong ni-la "lang" 'yun, babae," he replied, his expression growing even more serious.

I pouted. "Ay ganun? Sorry na, lalaki."

He froze for a moment, staring at me intently. I held his gaze until my eyes drifted to his lips, where a smile was threatening to break free.

Annoyed, I covered his mouth with my hand, making his eyes widen in surprise.

"That smile of yours is infuriating. Hindi ako nakikipagbiruan," I grumbled, my brows knitting together in frustration.