Chapter 24: She Just Got Stuck

Unknown Prison

Duo woke up and found himself not on the floor of the convenience store. In fact, right in front of him was Hilde. She was in another cell. "Hilde!"

She was still unconscious. Duo watched as someone walked toward him. She wasn't dressed like any soldier at all. She had that rich upperclass look. Pretty white hat and everything, even white gloves.

Yet, her eyes. Her eyes said she wasn't someone he could push in any vicinity.

"Are you Revenge of the Lost?" Duo asked her.

"I'm Superior," she answered.

"Well, that answers my question," Duo said with a certain amount of glee he knew annoyed people. "A little full of yourself, aren't you?"

"I don't think so, no," she answered. "I quite fit the bill, Mister Maxwell."

Duo looked around his cell. "Hey, cozy." He saw a bed with fitted sheets and a rocking chair and a comfy chair. He went over and took a seat in the comfy chair. "This is nice, thanks."

"You're welcome," she said politely. "Your girlfriend is still sleeping."

"Hey? Not girlfriend, just a friend who happens to be a girl," he corrected her. "Actually woman, girl is kind of juvenile. You know? Juvenile, like people bothering with revenge like kids at a playground fighting."

Superior didn't look upset. "I don't really have anything against you, but as a group, we are fair to everyone in it."

Nothing against him? "But someone does?"

"Yes, several," she answered. "Several people who at the time didn't fight with guns when you took their loved ones away."

Duo leaned forward. "War is hard. It's not fair. No one gets out of it staying an innocent angel."

"She's pretty close though." She turned to look at Hilde. "Volunteered to help. Did she ever take any lives?"

"Doesn't matter, you already got plans on her," he said.

"I don't think she has. I suppose she is sort of, your innocent angel." She moved closer to Hilde's jail cell. She pulled out a key and unlocked the door.

Duo moved from the chair and got closer as she moved closer to Hilde. "She's not pregnant, killing her isn't part of your plan yet."

"True." Superior snapped and several women went in and took her away out of there. She walked back toward Duo's cage. "Our little trick doesn't work with women in space, so we'll have to try harder. Harder and harder. We'll let you know when we finally get it."

Duo slammed his hands on the jail bars. "Damn you, just do it! You want revenge against me, well, I'm right here?" He gestured to himself. "Do it. Kill me and just end this whole damn thing!"

"Mm. Pleading for death over her?" She moved closer to her. "That's more fulfilling for those women you hurt, than just watching you get murdered. You live, with the hurt. Just like them."

"Pain hurts, but you're just hurting someone that never did anything!" Duo yelled. "Bring Hilde back!"

"We will after our second attempt. We'll bring her back between attempts," she said to him. "Until then, keep screaming if you wish."

"You messed up, you'll never get the revenge you want!" Duo yelled, almost to the top of his voice. "You fucked up and you know it, you wanted them all pregnant at the same time so they'd all go! You botched it up, you'll never get the same results!"

"You are right. There is a chance that Hilde may get pregnant in four months, and of course the others will have been taken care of by then," she said to Duo calmly. "If time gets too close, then once we confirm positively? We'll give you a whole month together." She smiled. "Then we will separate you and kill her. You are right, it's not perfect, but it was never going to work out that way. We weren't waiting until before or after birth. Once Dorothy Catalonia goes, the revenge will begin. Most will be quick. Except Relena. She will live with the agony up to the moment right after birth."