Musketeer Mom Takes A Risk

Sooo . . . Heidi just stared at the other women. “This isn’t fair. I already have three kids. Mandy?”

“Look, you are the only one who made connections to one of them,” Mandy said to her. “I’ll hold your card for you and your boys. You can take the vehicle with her. I’ll even watch your boys for you if you want.”

“No one is watching my boys!” She didn’t want to risk separation. She tried to smile at Lucille. “This sucks. Um? Hi.” She waved at her. “Which one of us did you form a tighter bond with?”

“The one who befriended a pilot enough, should be the one who goes,” Platinum insisted. “She needs to be taken back to her mother by someone.”

“You suck. You all suck. Every single one of you suck big time!” She grabbed Lucille’s hand. “You better come back for us. I mean it.”

“You better do the exchange right,” Mandy insisted. “Your boys and your freedom are on the line.”

“Shut up.” Grr. Heidi watched as they all left her with a rental car, helping to put her boys in it. After they started to walk away, Heidi put the little girl in the car in the passenger seat. “Okay. Obviously, things happened and we can’t quite meet your momma.” The girl stopped being talkative now. Probably too nervous. “It’s not over though. It’ll be okay. I’m going to make a small phone call . . . and we’ll get it all back on track. Okay?”

Lucille at least nodded at her. “Are you calling Duo?”

Oh man. “Yeah. Yes, I am.” Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. But? The little girl couldn’t just hang out with them forever. He was her best bet she had.

Colony Junkyard:

Duo tried to relax and watch a movie with Hilde. He even ordered her favorite pizza. He tried to smile.

What was wrong with him? He had no problems with Hilde before. Was it just because he saw so many lookalikes that he had trouble believing?

No reason for this. Zero system hurt her head but she knew him. The one that felt like Hilde, had triplets. Why was he still thinking about that?

He answered his phone as it rang. Heero wanted to have an important meeting with all the former gundam pilots.

Earth. On Earth of course. But the kicker was it was to be at the former site of the Sank Kingdom Institute. That? That was serious business then.

They also said to bring Hilde.

She wasn't fond of the idea. She didn't see what it had to do with them.

“Oh.” She seemed sad. “Maybe someone got hurt so they all want to support each other. I can understand that. Still, why should I go, Duo? I never had anything to do with the Sank Kingdom.”

It was her. “Just come and get it over with.”

“I’ve spent enough time on Earth. I just want to be at home, Duo,” She complained right back. “You’re okay, aren’t you?” Her eyebrow raised. “Seriously, I’m getting worried. You don’t look right.”

“Oh, I’m good,” he lied. “I’m just getting used to sharing the junkyard place again.”

“Yeah, what a mean trick. A chance to move on to something cool, and it was just a con.” She folded her arms. “I don’t think that’s it though. You’ve been kind of weird since you found me. I’ve proved thousands of times I’m me?” She gestured to herself. “I know I tricked you at first, but the fact I have to keep doing this, even after the time in Deathscythe and this?” She pulled up her sleeve. “Do you really think this is nothing?”