Chapter 7: Delicate Anger

Wufei's Colony

Wufei stared at his mirror. Hate filled his heart for RTL. This was an absolute catastrophe. He was left with no other option though. If he waited, then the trouble would just get deeper. What he was doing was already terrible enough for the colony, but it would prevent war. The Long colony, the original one, had long since been destroyed. Only a few of the original residents weren't sacrificed that day. Their will power and the need to preserve their culture (as well as the coming together of peaceful government missions) came together and founded another colony.

Not many. A small town size. At first, Wufei hadn't even known until he discovered the roots of them. When he did, he went back and stayed there to support it. Over time, just like before, it would become known as the Long colony again. However. The Zhang colony had been unaffected. They were thirty times the size of the Long now at least. In the past, Wufei's colony could have easily taken them out if need be. Now? A war with them would be only foolish pride and end in a savage defeat.

So, this simple matter of a woman and a child? The wrong step, and every last original descendant from Colony AO206, could be wiped out. They now lived on A0206-1, many times the one being left out, to feel more like home. Everyone yearned for their original home. No one wanted to risk losing everything all over again.

Wufei dressed in his finest white outfit. The best impression he could give. Heero had waited on Relena, and because he hadn't ran to her, she was now looking at a twenty year sentence, at least. Now that she ran, probably more. If he learned anything from watching Heero, it was that he better not wait anymore. No matter how painful it would be. Delay would not improve the matter.

Wufei left his home and off of his colony to a shuttle. No one was happy that knew what he was about to do. The Long clan area had been moved to the colonies hundreds of years ago, to live and survive. They had become powerful in Eurasia and seemed like a threat. His colony was not the only one who was 'a threat' though. The Zhang family had been too. The Long and Zhang's, both were powerful on Earth in their time. Therefore, both did not get along well. That sense of dissonance was held in space, both colonies never interfering with one another.

They had been close to war in their histories on Eurasia. That dissonance in the stars helped to keep them from that. But now? He was about to go see someone in that colony who was carrying a child that rightfully belonged on his colony. The father often had rule on matters, and this should be no different. Except, it had been. The Zhang colony wouldn't be happy about an outsider taking someone from them. If they came, it would be like squashing bugs. Many of them probably didn't even know a Long colony still existed.

As he told Heero, he would have to be careful. As respectful as he could while still not dischampioning his colony too.

The Zhang Colony

As Wufei arrived and stated his name, they didn't catch on at first. His last name was Chang, not Long. The rulers were not the only ones dragged to the stars. When he got access and came out though for people to physically see him. It didn't take long for others to notice he shouldn't be there. He already heard whispers that he shouldn't exist. He reached no farther than the gates before the trouble started.

Gentle. "I am here for the woman, Wang Mei-Lin." He carried her last name first respectively.

"Who are you?" One of them demanded. "Your dress suggests something that is dead and forgotten."

Dead and forgotten, why this- no, he had to be careful. Respectful. "My name is Chang Wufei." He tried to get them to bend. "I am here about Wang Mei-Lin's imprisonment."