39 Phillip's Prisoners, Please?

On The Road With Trowa and Duo . . .

"Where do we go next?" Trowa asked Duo. He had explained about how Middie possibly might not be carrying his child. It made no difference, she was still someone caught in RTL's trap.

She was still a friend. He wanted to help all the same. Helping Duo figure out where they were wasn't as simple though. Wufei's mother had been with him and barely managed to scriblble a few things down.

Making sense of what she wrote, looked like a puzzle all it's own.

Duo looked out the window. It was all risky. "Actually, I think I know where we should go. You might not like it, so I can drop you off wherever you want if you don't. I am going to need some serious help with my Hilde hunt. This one man band is not enough."

"Where?" Trowa asked.

"To Gin Phillips. We look similar enough, he wants to try and switch places. That guy really doesn't have any business running what he's running," Duo said. "He wants me to take over. It's such a bad idea, that I really want to try it."

"Well, well." Trowa's voice lifted. "That works well for your current problem and afterwards."

"Yep, say hello to the Phillips power." Duo knew Gin didn't want that power, but he didn't have the stomach to risk turning on it. Duo would.

"What about Middie Une?" Trowa had to ask.

"Gin will probably try to track Quatre and leave with Middie Une," Duo told him.

Trowa shook his head. "Dorothy Catalonia cannot be put at risk, and I don't trust Gin Phillips to watch over her."

Hmm. Yeah, Trowa did believe she was his responsibility for a long time. Telling him his brother would do fine, wouldn't exactly . . . "I can't tell a lie, you're right, he'd probably suck. He's okay, but he wasn't even involved with the Phillips, he was working with Middie Une. A basic average guy." Must have been a nice life.

Trowa just shook his head again. "No. I'm watching Middie."

Geez. Duo looked out of the corner of his eye. "Trowa, the Phillips were looking for you to kill, I don't know if you forgot that?"

"They thought I was after Middie Une," Trowa corrected him. "I'm not anymore, I am now ordered to help Middie kill Dorothy Catalonia from Revenge of the Lost."

Uuh? "Well? I guess I will be running it." They did take on him and Heero with no problem. It was RTL that was the problem for them, not the Phillips. "Gin is going to want to be right beside her." Trowa didn't answer. "He's kind of in love with 'One Song', he's been crazy for her since I've known him."

"She goes by Middie Une, not One Song," Trowa corrected him. "He isn't skilled enough to handle this, he shouldn't try anything until Revenge of the Lost is out of the Phillips business."

Oh, Trowa. Duo didn't know what else to say. Trowa did his own thing, and he was going to do his own thing.

"You should jail Cathy and me as Gin Phillips."

Yeah, well, different. "Looking forward to being my prisoner?"

"Revenge of the Lost is after Cathy because of her relation to me and Crystalia. They won't bother with the circus if she is a prisoner of the Phillips. The Phillips were after me, but you understand the truth, and as the leader, would make sure she gets to the target without putting another Phillips at risk."

Oh, Man. "Seriously, I don't think Gin is going to go for that. He is obsessed with the Middie girl," Duo reminded him.

"I can be a second helping hand, to make sure your brother is alright. If you are in charge, Duo, no one can say anything about your orders," Trowa said.