43 Juliet's Goodbye

Narrator: After Colony 198: After a tough time with Revenge of the Lost, most of the pilots have felt it's sting. The good news is that Heero still has kept Relena safe, and with a month before a baby arrives, it's a good feeling. Everyone is close to putting a close on this as news starts to come out about Revenge of the Lost and arrests start being made. But news, doesn't mean that everything will always go well.

The vehicle eventually stopped. Trowa got off of it as he saw Dorothy Catalonia flung out of the van. She managed to land on her side.

"So? Dorothy Catalonia, leader of the mobile dolls," one of the women said to her. "If you survive this, you beat death by nature."

"Death by nature?" Dorothy tried to prop herself up. "Is that what you called poisoning me with some manmade hybrid flower? Just to see if I was strong enough to stick it out in pregnancy? No, that couldn't be it, because suddenly this is supposed to be the end of it all." She swayed slightly. "Goodness. I admit, I've seen my share of Romefeller's missions get screwed up. I've been on the other side of my own mistakes."

She swayed slightly the other way. "But, goodness? I have never seen the disorganized, absolutely amateurish moves of a bunch of women who are just moronic enough not to notice their enemy was the world's salvation." So much swaying. No, dancing? Twirling. "Goodness, really. Such a simple plan of pregnancy and killing in birth, just like their mothers? Couldn't even get that done, this is not some beautiful plan coming together to some deserved justice. This is scrambling around with fragments you managed to keep, to try and make it all look good." One of them slapped her.

She didn't care. "You know what Revenge of the Lost actually is? It's a kid on a playground, pointing at the teacher and crying about someone stealing your ball." One of them pulled a gun on her. "That's not death by nature." She just made a tisking sound. "Even now, you are willing to risk everyone's sense of what is left of your pathetic justice, by getting rid of the plan and just shooting me? My oh my, so many will understandably be so upset. Just keep straying far off the path, why not? You'll never find that path again."

No one shot her though as she stumbled backward to the ground. "I don't care what you do. Your feelings do not concern me. At the end, you can remember this. I feel no empathy for you, and I'm not screaming to give you any satisfaction. Ooh. That bad person will surely cough up something she regrets in her death." Her breathing got lighter. "I don't. I always followed what I felt was best. Well? I suppose if I have one regret, it would be over something I couldn't control." She moved her head around the ground, her hair getting tangled in the weeds. "I was never able to save Mister Treize."

"Shut up."

"Everyone wanted the same thing. No matter the group. No matter the methods. They all wanted the same thing, to stop each other. To stop the wars. That want to stop wars, to stop arguments, just led to more wars. More wars and more wars." She wiggled against the ground. "More wars and more wars. Only the people stopped it. The people. Not a group." She turned her head toward them. "You are all just like Duke Dermail. Just like Treize. Killing does not lead to anything but more killing, but you don't see it. You can't see what war will do, without experiencing it." She lied her head back down. "Why? Why are your . . . how are your . . ."

"See?" One of them said to her. "Your stupid comebacks aren't going to prevent what is happening to you. You're even crying, you can't ignore it. You can't stay strong forever."

"I'm not crying for me." She wiggled her head slightly. "You are all scurrying on the ground, unable to see the free sky just ablaze above you. By the time you look up, you'll have such regrets you'll never get to enjoy it. So many dark skies. Grief. Must. Be understood. Or you'll just repeat so many mistakes. So many. She would. There isn't anyone who wouldn't."