30 Just A Cough

"Wufei." Mae-Lin was showing him again.

"It is a claim by one person RTL is either setting up, or they are purposefully using," Wufei said as he put an article back down again that Mae-Lin had printed. "Your colony will be avenged when we take the Superior out of her role." Mae-Lin was getting tired of the wait. Each day she had to dress up and be seen with Quatre and him out there.

Quatre had to up the ante as time went by, more of his friends were getting suspicious. He was now using full blown curse words, and doing his best to know about Amado's past and business. Especially those he had wronged. So far, he and Quatre had to dissuade two people that had wanted to kill them. Not RTL, but just for being Amado.

The no killing thing wasn't as easy when they needed to stay hidden, and not have witnesses, so their attackers ended up in the hospital with some bad injuries and concussions. At least no one knew their real identities, and it helped cement the fact Quatre was indeed Amado.

Only on the inside of the house was Quatre able to be gentle. Like right now, he just finished a whole cursing bath with his friends outside, and took a breath of relief when he started to make some tea. "Oh, finally, I really need some fucking tea to relax, and so will Miss Dorothy."

In fact, Quatre was saying it so often, sometimes he messed up and cursed inside. He tried to watch it more though when he had accidentally cursed in front of Dorothy. He had to curse outside with her, but the inside was like a sanctuary where they could all be themselves. "Ooh, some lovely Earl Grey for me and some special tea for her. Oh goodness, I just cursed earlier, sorry," Quatre apologized to Mae-Lin and Wufei.

Neither of them cared. It just meant he was doing that much better at his role.

"There is someone gathering information over the Zhang colony, they are trying to find anyone left," Mae-Lin asked Quatre. "Can you find out more about it without actually involving us? Wufei believes it's pointless."

"Wufei, crack open a . . . computer." Quatre almost cursed again. "Please take some time to look into it for her? It will make her feel better."

"I am helping with avenging, I am not seeking out information or communicating in any way to any leftover Zhang's," Wufei insisted. "That is final, woman."

"If there is a big enough number left, they may restart a colony," she told Wufei. "It is not pointless, and this is not final."

"There we go." Quatre ignored Mae-Lin and headed toward Dorothy's room. He knocked on her door. "Miss Dorothy? It's tea time again." He always had a great big smile, he loved sharing his act of drinking tea with others.

"If there will be a colony, then I will not pursue in an act of avenging, Wufei Chang." Mae-Lin was getting more antsy. "There is no reason, all of the gundam pilots are already pursuing RTL, and Duo Maxwell is pursuing them the hardest right now."

"Yes, they have recaptured Hilde, and Duo does not want to become a father," Wufei told her calmly. "This only proves that RTL is getting more desperate, so seeking out some half cocked person with theories and a plan is a lousy idea right now!" He tried not to yell. Yelling is how he handled himself sometimes, but when he yelled, she became more stubborn and hard to control. "RTL is responsible, not someone from an opposing clan. If your colony is rebuilt, when it is safe, I will gladly take you back to your people. Until then, let's play it smart and not be stupid."

"By continuing this charade until when?" she asked. "Dorothy's child is born? Dorothy's child turns one? Dorothy's child goes to school? It graduates college?"

"We will have found RTL way before that," Wufei insisted. "We will not be in this role forever. You know when you agreed, it was the long haul."

"No one can play a role forever." She walked away.