37 Comfort

Noin's Home . . .

When someone who upheld a certain number of years dedicated to a kingdom wanted secrecy, they bought homes that had hidden levels that no one else could enter. With that security, Noin had been able to hide them both in the third level of her home, where she used to keep anything Peacecraft and Sank Kingdom related. She had even had it all fixed up because she didn't when or how Relena would find out the truth about her heritage, or whether or not she would have to even hide her in her own house or not.

A bath, a bedroom, and that was about it, but it was enough to hide comfortably.

"Heero!"

Heero quickly entered the bathroom at the sound. He opened the curtains and saw Relena . . . having trouble. "Can't get out?"

"My hands are too slippery, and I'm just . . ." Relena looked at herself. "I don't even know how to start. I always lean on my side, but-"

Heero didn't need excuses. He helped to give her stability as he pulled her out from her bath. It used to be more awkward at first to help her in the private moments. A lot more awkward.

///Phillips House Months Ago, Three Hours After Duo's Call About Hilde Kidnapped///

Heero watched Relena head to the bathroom with some fresh clothes. "Wait."

"This shouldn't take long," she insisted. "Do you need to finish anything else up before I take a shower, Heero?"

"No. I'm coming." Heero followed her to the bathroom. Since Duo almost lost Hilde in the bathroom, he wasn't going to take any chances with her. When they reached the bathroom, he watched her step in the tub and then try to pull the curtain shut.

He stopped that. "What are you doing?"

She looked confused. "Taking a shower."

"Not with these closed." Why would he be that stupid?

"Pardon?" Relena looked confused. "It's the curtain."

Heero gestured to the easily removable tile right about them. "This whole bathroom could be used against us. Someone could head over and knock you out while you are taking a shower."

"That's unlikely," she disagreed.

"I would, it'd be a good way to get a drop on an enemy. Vulnerable with no weapon." Heero stared at her. "No curtain."

Relena looked at how much space the ceiling had with the bathtub.

"There's no space," Heero said to her. "No curtain."

"No way," she disagreed. "You can't just watch me take a shower."

Really? "I am here to protect you, Relena, I wouldn't leave my area."

"Are you really not kidding?" Relena gawked. "Look, this is no different than when I use the bathroom then."

"No, it's not." It would be the same thing.

Yeah, that wasn't a becoming face at all. "No, Heero."

"RTL isn't going to get their hands on you just because you feel embarrassed," Heero insisted.

"Well, you're going to want to eventually use the bathroom, what then?" She pointed out.

"Duo is coming soon. I can watch Hilde for him at times, and he can watch you." It was probably the only thing useful about the situation. It would be better though if she just got over it.

"He is coming from the colony, he won't arrive that fast," she pointed out.

"Yeah." So, they needed to work this out.