Chapter 6: They'd Ride In Silence

CONTENT WARNING: This fic is going to have some psychological warfare. If it gets too intense, you should stop reading or skip a section.

Heero's Colony

Oh, it had to be a joke. Heero woke up and went straight to work on looking for the information he needed, but his first step just changed. Con or not? He broke into Relena's records. As much as he didn't want to go to her, he could save himself a lot of grief if he stopped her now. Her surgery was that day. She hadn't had any other surgeries. There was no way she could be pregnant. He picked up the phone and dialed her up. No answer. He looked at his watch. She could be heading there right now. Option number two since he was still in the colonies. He dialed a different number.

"Noin here."

"Don't let Relena go to surgery today," he answered.

"Surgery?"

She didn't even know. "She is getting a tonsillectomy. Don't let her go. There is a rebel group that may be tracking her there." Technically it was correct and it should make them move faster.

"I'll let her brother know."

There. That should take care of that. Now? To figure out what RTL was really trying to accomplish. After a few minutes though, he got a call back from Noin again. "Did you tell him?"

"She's already gone."

"Then go after her." He couldn't. He was in the colonies.

"She didn't go to the local hospital. I don't know what you see on the computer, but she went to a special surgery colony. She left early this morning. Her brother tagged along behind her, but he didn't tell her."

That sounded like Zeches. "Which colony?"

The Special Surgery Colony

Oh, the air. So relaxing. So lovely. So . . . interesting. Dorothy smiled politely as Heero Yuy approached her. "This is a surprise. Are you here to see Miss Relena?"

"Yes." Gruff. Annoyed. Yes, he was feeling himself. "Where is she?"

"She comes tomorrow," Dorothy revealed to him.

"What are you doing here?" Such an accusation. "Tonsillectomy? From Earth to here after two weeks?"

"My, my. Aren't you nosy in my records lately." She could see him hovering over Relena perhaps, but he paid attention to her surgery too? She touched the top of her hat. Speaking with Heero Yuy wasn't as fun. He tended not to speak much and she didn't really want to talk. That would make her look guilty of . . . something.

"Why are you up here ahead of Relena? Why does the computer say Relena is up here?"

She didn't know. She reached over to her phone and showed him the proof of her digital tickets.

"You should be better by now." He was staring at her. Not, angry. Was he studying her?

She had no choice, he wouldn't move the conversation along. "Healing takes time." Ooh, she felt that.

"Open your mouth."

For goodness sake, could he be less crude in his requests? A please would go a long way. Did he suspect her of something in the surgery? She opened her mouth toward him. He had taken a small light out of his pocket, gripped her mouth and looked down her throat. He let go. That was terrible. He didn't hurt her mouth, but one didn't do such a thing with a lady. She hoped this visit would be over soon.

"Your tonsils are missing, you did have the surgery."

What? He had doubted that? Oh, and now he had grabbed her phone and started to dig through her messages. Honestly. War was a thing of beauty, and soldiers with their mind on only victory was breathtaking. But this? This was not breathtaking. This was annoying, and seeing what he wanted to do next, it was time to speak up again. "That's my purse." He opened her purse and took her liquid medication. "My medication. I need that." He was staring at it.