Chapter 28: Sand Rock

Heero's Vehicle . . .

"I sent the proof of your innocence to Zechs," Heero told Relena from the front seat. "The proof will go to your authorities, and it'll free your name again, but I don't trust you away from me."

"I couldn't even take a shower without them trying to nab me," Hilde said to Relena. "It's a better idea to just stay together until RTL is taken care of for good."

"Right. I'm not leaving your side," Relena agreed. "There's no telling what's waiting for me. The device won't even say."

"Yeah, that's disturbing," Duo said from the back. "We got the details on everyone, but I'm betting that's going to change. I'm willing to risk that safety location. I'm guessing Heero is going to be your all personal body guard now? At least Zechs won't ask why he's staying so close."

"Duo," Heero warned him. Too close. He hated that Duo knew that. He ignored him and talked to Relena again. "Don't go to any conferences. You can clear your name, but not on air, and we aren't staying at your home. I don't trust it."

"I wouldn't even tell anyone that your around either," Duo said to Heero. "I'm sure you've heard, but you're actions are all on social media."

"I know."

"Let's not discuss that," Relena cutted Duo off.

Yeah. It was a real sore spot. Everywhere he turned, he saw it. It was the past, but the press loved it. Hidden conspiracies. Hidden missions.

"So you heard about them wanting-"

"Movie rights to my life, yes," Heero seethed. His life was so entertaining to the masses, a lot of people wanted movies and shows about him. Once this was cleared up? Yeah, the press would be wanting to talk rights with him. "I'd rather die."

"I wonder if anyone would want my story for a real big fancy fee? Buy a big house, lots of security and keep RTL out of it?" Duo asked. "Gundam Pilot of Deathscythe."

"Please don't even joke," Relena warned him.

Hilde shouldered him. "Do you really want them knowing about all of your past like that, Duo? They know everything about Heero. His secret missions. Who raised him. Why he got the spot of pilot."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just pointing out, even with millions of dollars, I don't really think we can just live normal lives with RTL still existing. We have to stay under until this whole mess is sorted. I do gotta ask, is it true you dressed as a woman one time to catch someone off guard?"

"It worked," Heero said. "For the moment, and no, it wasn't fun, and no, I didn't speak in a falsetto voice."

"Yeah, because they used that for a perfume add, didn't they?" Duo asked.

"It was deodorant, and not officially, it was a parody," Hilde told him. "Never said his name either."

Heero tightened his hands on the wheel. "Can we drop this conversation?" He turned on a music channel and hoped it drowned out Duo. The more anxious Duo was in a situation, the worse he tended to get in teasing. Since he didn't know where he was even going with Hilde, he was definitely in his teasing mood.

As soon as Heero turned it on though, he turned it back off.

"Can't even turn on some tunes without hearing something about yourself," Duo just had to add. "It was easier when they just said gundam pilot back then. At most, 01 or whatever."

Much easier. He didn't know how Relena could stand that publicity. If he stayed with her, she promised no one would know except their child, her mother, Pagan, and Zechs. He debated with her on Zechs, although as much as he watched everything, he probably wouldn't be able to fool him for long.