35 The First Gift

Trowa's Hiding Residence

When he got there, he opened the door. It was unlocked. "Middie." He started to search to make sure she wasn't just hiding. Did she leave a note where she went, or a clue? Maybe she got paranoid and saw something and left?

Then, he picked up something. A sound, a strangled sound from far away. Trowa headed outward and watched a car start to speed off. He quickly jumped in his. She must have risked getting loose for one second, risked the consequences to make the sound.

It was a huge van, something that wasn't made for speed, so Trowa did have that over them. They probably threw Middie right in the back of it. He punched it further, deciding how he should handle this.

As he watched the passenger woman shoot out toward him with absolute hate in her eyes? "Shoot at me, you are showing enemy colors, no longer just a person who is mistaken!" Taking Middie, a six-month pregnant woman and intent on killing her, that was not a mistake. He grabbed his gun and waited for it. He felt the same kind of anger probably stirring within Duo, except he also had details.

Middie and he knew all of the things they wanted to try on her if they caught her. Death would be the release from the pain if they did it. He watched out for it carefully, and when the passenger tried to take another shot, he was ready this time.

He heard a scream. Definitely nicked her. As he turned the corner, he knew he almost had them, but not very far he saw a group of women stretched out along the road.

Each woman had their arms linked like they were playing red rover. "I have no time for you." He went off the side of the road, knowing he couldn't barrel through people with his car. The women lined far though, much farther than he thought.

He stopped and got out. No one was firing at him, just keeping their hands linked, like they were the ones who were righteous. He wouldn't kill, but he would get them out of the way. He shot at one of them in the foot. They screamed and others came to help, but the line sealed back up against him.

None of them were shooting or going after his car.

"Support of the Loss knows who you are!" Someone finally cried out. "You won't hurt anyone else."

Support of the Loss. "Revenge of the Lost is lying to you," Trowa said to them. "I am trying to save someone, not hurt them." He had just shot someone in the foot, they wouldn't believe him. "Damn." He had no choice. These weren't the bad women, these were the confused group of Support of the Loss, being lied to. He couldn't hurt them anymore, but he couldn't let Middie just go.

He got back in his car, and sped as fast as he could. There were a lot of people in Support of the Loss, but there would eventually be a break and he could get back around.

When he did get to the end, he turned into the empty space, and headed back to the road. It was a long distance, and by the time he got back to the road, he just gunned it as fast as he could.

There wasn't a sign of the vehicle but he couldn't give up. He called up Duo. "Duo, I lost track of Middie. RTL was using STL to create a block against me for too long. Where are you and how can we meet?" Most likely, they would end up taking her to the same spot they took Hilde. He had to join Duo if he had any chance of getting Middie back.

—-

Quatre and Wufei's Hideout

She had done her best. A smile. A cunning look away just right. Her and Quatre had done it, been so fake. They faked it even if they knew they were caught, because faking it was nicer. It was a nice denial when things got rough. It was better.