Chapter 29: Duo Compromised

Narrator: After Colony 198: After each pilot goes through their own strife with Revenge of the Lost, each so far has outwitted it, leaving it in its own turmoil. Having gone underground with just a handful of what it used to have, they are using their other branches to feel out for information. As another month passes, the pilots feel more triumphant while RTL feels more embroiled. But, things might be changing once again soon . . .

One month later at Support the Loss Headquarters . . .

"Hello?" Ronald held up a little pass his friend of a friend gave him. "I need to meet someone special? My friend Emerald-Ruby sent me?" Please let this work. He had a low class job, and he hated it. Every day and all day, he did nothing good with his life but work with trash. He was tired of it, but it was work.

He'd heard from a friend of a friend, who heard from someone else though about there being underground rewards for not the capture, but just information about ten missing people. He didn't know about all ten missing, but he did know about Relena since she was the freaking Queen of the Earth for a little while. He also knew of course about Heero Yuy. Everyone knew about that guy, he was like a legend. People said he was like a real life James Bond. He didn't know about any of them though, he knew about the pretty girl with the beret. She had the same hair color as him. Same eye color too. Hilde. She looked more down to Earth than the other missing people, so she just stood out more to him.

It wasn't exactly a big leap to know about it, but to find someone to get the reward wasn't easy because it wasn't a legal thing. But? The reward was worth it. He told everyone he knew, and tried the best he could to find a connector. He ended up finding someone that lost touch with the group, but knew another member, and then he finally got in.

He was invited in the back and saw the official member. "Okay, I have information. How do I share it?"

"Just, tell me," she insisted. "I'll make sure it gets to the boss."

Wait. "Are you sure I'm going to get paid, if I tell you?" This was a lot of money.

"If it's real." She didn't seem pleased. "I don't care about the money, we are trying to find important people that have been out of our sights for a month. Just give it to me."

He sighed, knowing he didn't have much choice but to trust her. He brought out some of the pics he snapped. "I think this is that one called Hilde, so does the woman that knows you?" He held it out to her.

She took it and examined it. "Where was the picture taken?"

"On my route."

"Where is your route?"

"Does it look like her?" he asked. "It looks like her. I know the hair is a different color." He pulled on his own hair. "I know it should be this color, but people aren't going to be wearing the same hair. The clothes though, it looks like something from a-" He watched as she gave the picture back.

"I don't think it's her. Thanks for coming."

What? "Seriously, I see her on my route all the time. I know you can't tell from the photo so well, but I think this is her." He picked up the photo and gave it to her again.

The woman sighed like she was just going through the motions now. "Does she live with anyone?"

"No," he said, "but she does have extra trash. More trash than usual for one person." She just yawned as she looked at the picture. "There could be others hiding. Look, I got some real good looks at the people who are being looked for, and I've seen this woman a lot. I am sure it's her. Can you please just take this seriously?"

"Hang on. I know women who have studied every inch of her history," she said to him. "They will be able to answer." She left with the picture that could be worth so much if the information came through. He hated that she had to leave with it.