𝒊𝒊. beers in the breeze

TWO MONTHS AGO

TWO MONTHS AGO

            Have you ever experienced the loss of someone close to you? And not like a classmate, but seriously close, like see-you-tomorrow kinda close.

            Magnolia Clarke fears the day she will experience this finally catching up to her. It's been a remarkably slow trial, but it seems that it wasn't quite slow enough, because Magnolia hasn't been able to stop it in time.

            Of course she knew of the plans her aggravating trainer had for her father and herself, but if he wouldn't believe her, what would she have to do? She couldn't save her father from his fate if he did not wish to be saved.

            It's been two weeks since Magnolia last heard of any plans involving the mad non-hatter — that's her nickname for Daniel Berger — and it's been two days since she's spoken to or even seen her father, Richard.

            Magnolia had been packing up a backpack ever since she first heard of the plan's first stages. That way she could get herself and her father out before the prior stages were completed.

            A few drops of rain hit her bare shoulders, hence is why she stopped her tinkering with the boat to go inside. Magnolia wasn't afraid to get soaked, she simply wanted to stay dry at the moment.

            She got her phone out of her back pocket and sighed opening the weather app. A storm was brewing. Magnolia wasn't too big of a fan of storms since she learned about the Royal Merchant tragedy.

            She upped her pace, wanting to be inside by the time the storm deteriorated. Basically running at this point, she came through the doors, the rain clattering on the glass roof.

            The route to her room was short, since Magnolia started with the best room as the founder's daughter and kept it, earning it with her achievements.

            In this place, where Magnolia and many other teenagers lived, depended your rank on the room you slept in. When you were the best, you got the best room, it's as simple as that.