𝒙𝒗𝒊. crazy crain

            "Hit it, boys! We're goin'! Recon mission

            "Hit it, boys! We're goin'! Recon mission." JJ exclaimed as the door opened at the old lighthouse.

            But before anyone could get out, John B got between them and the door, holding a hand in front of him, carefully saying. "Yo, uh— so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself— tonight."

            Maggie couldn't be more pleased. Thunder was rumbling outside, and to stand on top of a lighthouse during a storm was not something she'd want to do. Kiara rolled her eyes, sitting back in her seat next to Adriana.

            John B watched all their disappointed reactions. "What?" He asked.

            "Nothin'." JJ replied, but anyone could hear that was him saying there most certainly was something.

            "I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John B explained.

            "I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kiara mentioned again.

            Maggie looked through the window to the old lighthouse. "I just don't understand why we have to do this at a high point such as a lighthouse. Not even mentioning the fact that it looks like it would break down if you drop a teeny tiny twig on it."

            "Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B assured his friend. "It's— it's just, uh, like a— a business meeting... thing. Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus, we need the map."

            Kiara had to make sure. "Promise me nothing's happening between you two." She begged of him.

            "Nothing is happening, Kie."

            "I'm being serious," Kiara said yet again. "This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys."

            John B nodded. "I promise."

            JJ, Pope and Maggie made comments about how believable it was. Everyone knew it was sarcasm, even John B, but he was not interested in saying everything again. "Anyways, um... I'm gonna take care of business."