𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. gold rush

            After taking the drive debating who was going to pawn the gold, the Pogues arrived at the Pawn Shop

            After taking the drive debating who was going to pawn the gold, the Pogues arrived at the Pawn Shop. The pawner had to be the best liar — JJ. Though JJ didn't agree to it, he was the best liar. Maggie couldn't disagree, though she'd loved to be the one selling it. However, it was better for her reputation if they continued to think she wasn't like that.

            JJ entered the small Pawn Shop first. Everywhere you looked hung or laid around secondhand stuff for sale. Behind the counter stood an older lady.

            "Afternoon, ma'am." JJ greeted as the bell above the door rang when he stepped through. Maggie noticed instantly the Pawn Shop was very dimly lit, it relied solely on the light from outside, however since the windows looked like they hadn't been washed in a very long time, that wasn't much. Now that she looked around, it wasn't just the light— the entire Shop gave her a strange feeling, one she couldn't quite place.

            The woman behind the counter looked up. "Afternoon." She reluctantly replied. She didn't give the impression she was happy to be there.

            The Pogues stopped behind her counter. "I see you buy gold." JJ said. Maggie mentally facepalmed herself when he said that. JJ had his moments where he seemed so smart, but then he went ahead and say something incredibly fucking stupid !

            "That's what the sign says, don't it?" The short haired woman replied. She wasn't impressed by him, her tone more implied annoyed.

            JJ placed his backpack on the counter, starting to unzip it as he spoke. "Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind."

            "I ain't got much left to blow, so have at it." She placed her hand on her hip. The rest of the Pogues watched the interaction silently, yet eagerly. Kiara and Adriana were still at the château, and Maggie noticed she did miss their presence. Especially after Adriana went missing for a full 24 hours.

            JJ placed the gold on the counter with a loud thud, proudly stating. "How 'bout them gold apples?" He leaned his hands on the counter.