𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. something in the orange tells me we're not done

            The following morning went as followed — John B'd come back home

            The following morning went as followed — John B'd come back home. He'd visited the Crain house and found out that the property had been sold to the Cameron's and the gold was all gone. JJ'd realised he'd overreacted and apologised. They hadn't said anything, but it was pretty obvious Adriana and Kiara had hooked up. They'd gone to Kiara's house. Maggie slept over at John B's. Pope was at home, probably in his interview as of now.

            The teens were awaiting Pope at the dock, discussing what had happened. John B had just told them about the gold being stolen by Ward.

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asked after John B finished. She sneaked a glance towards Adriana on the other side of the dock.

"Every bar," John B confirmed. "The whole enchilada," He continued to pull on the cast around his arm until it finally slipped off. He let his head drop down onto the buoy. "Look, it's not like I suspected a happy ending or some shit."

"John B—"

"What, Kie?" John B answered, his annoyance growing. "It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?"

            Kiara replied. "You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life."

            "It's fine," John B held his arm up. "See?" He wiggled his fingers.

            JJ, who'd been smoking a point, sitting against a pole, turned around. He offered Maggie his cigarette, but she looked away. JJ glanced at his friend, her hair almost being blown in his face by the wind. He sighed silently. When he apologised, she simply said she needed time to think. JJ wasn't sure what that meant.

            A silence had fallen over the group. Therefore the heavy footsteps approaching sounded louder as they came closer. "Guys!" Pope's voice carried itself towards them. He panted. "Guys! Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

            He leaned his hands on his knees. Pope's shirt was wet from sweating here and there. Maggie had never seen him dressed so formal before.