𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. but, daddy, i love him

            Except for having to stop a single time for Kiara and Pope to change seats, the Pogues did not stop for anything until they made it to the Cameron residence

            Except for having to stop a single time for Kiara and Pope to change seats, the Pogues did not stop for anything until they made it to the Cameron residence. They jumped over the Cameron's fence, some smoother than others. Kiara and Adriana were to climb up to Sarah's room, trying to break her out. Pope would cause a distraction. Maggie and JJ drove straight back to JJ's house. They couldn't wait even one second.

JJ wasn't looking forward to going back to his house. The last time he'd been there had been one of the worst beatings in a long time. It wasn't a memory he liked to recall, and it certainly wasn't a memory he was keen on sharing closely with Maggie. Even though she'd seen him at his worst, he wanted her to think he was the best.

            Maggie noticed his breathing becoming louder as the car decreased in speed. His eyes were on the cabin he called home. Only it hadn't been his home for a long time.

            "Is he in there?" She asked him, her voice vulnerable.

            "I don't know. Probably." He said.

            Maggie softened her eyes. "You want me to come inside?"

            "Nah, I'll just be a second." JJ managed to put as little emotion as he could into what he said. But Maggie knew he was scared. She could see right through his facade. He stepped out of the car. Maggie expected him to look back. He always did. But JJ couldn't bring himself to look back. He'd lose the act.

            The door swung open and closed. Maggie released a breath when he was out of sight. She knew she could help him, she really did. If only he'd let her. She gripped the wheel tighter and tighter as time passed on. Mainly, this was just to restrain her from scratching her forearms.

            He came out not even five minutes later, a distracted look on his face. Silently, he sat down in the passenger seat. Maggie kept her eyes on him. She didn't make a move to start the car. She could swear she saw tears on his cheeks.

            JJ couldn't meet her gaze. "Why aren't you driving?"

            "J . . ." Maggie said. She angled her body towards him. She wanted to say more, but she swallowed the words. "Was he there?"