𝒗. diver down

            "Look, I'm callin' it off

            "Look, I'm callin' it off. All right?"

            Kiara stopped playing the bongos when John B spoke up. JJ stopped throwing small rocks at Maggie who was tinkering with the boat.

            "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." John B explained.

            Maggie raised an eyebrow, when she needed them, the cops never helped her. There was no way. "And you believed her?" JJ was also suspicious.

            "Yes, I believe her, JJ." The brunet defended.

            "An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop," JJ replied. "What do we say about cops, Mags?"

            Maggie pointed at him, nodding and agreeing. "Acab."

            Though John B wasn't having it. He truly believed Peterkin. "All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out," His tone turned stern. "It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

            "You know what I should have done?" JJ asked as a reply. He didn't wait for his answer. "Just let Topper drown your ass."

            "Topper was gonna drown me?"

            "To be fair, John B," Maggie shared. "When I Heimliched you, water came out of your lungs and shit. You would have drowned."

            JJ stood up. "Thank you! I mean, have you looked in a mirror?" John B dared him to continue. "They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ punched a ball hanging from the roof of the chateau.

            Maggie retrieved from her boat to keep the situation closer. Kie tried to calm him down, also noticing how angry he got. "Look, it's okay!"

            "No, it's not okay!" JJ yelled. "It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it," John B stayed silent, but Maggie had to admit, JJ had a point. "I know you do."