𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. i'm only me when i'm with you

TWO MONTHS AGO

TWO MONTHS AGO

            "This is a splendid remake, Richard," Ms. Carla Limbrey complimented, leaning on her crutches while looking through the glass at the miniature Royal Merchant on the pillar. "Where'd you find it?"

            "My beautiful daughter made it, Carla," Richard ushered Magnolia to stand beside him. He swung his arm around her shoulder, bringing her in for a side hug. "She's brilliant, my best student. You need to know anything about ships, she's your guy. Edward Teach, the Titanic, the Black Swan. The Royal Merchant."

            Magnolia's cheeks flushed of embarrassment as Carla raised her eyebrows. "I might just take you up on that," She laughed to herself momentarily. "Now I understand your comment. You were just bored."

            The door slammed open. With heavy thumping of his boots, Daniel Berger entered the room. Magnolia tensed up at the sight of him, Richard went towards him, shaking his hand.

            "Carla, this is Daniel Berger, the trainer of our girls," Richard introduced. "Dan, this is Carla Limbrey, our new sponsor."

            "Richard promised me the healing shroud when we find the Royal Merchant," Carla added with a smile. "And the cross."

            Daniel stared at her a moment and then nodded formally. "I look forward to working with you, Ms. Limbrey."

            "I'll show you the harbour." Richard told Ms. Limbrey. He opened the door for Carla and waited for her to limp through the door.

            Daniel moved closer to Magnolia. "So... another partner, huh?" He acknowledged, his thick German accent flowing through his voice.

            "And why do I have the idea she'll be staying?" Magnolia replied as formal as she could. If it were her, she wouldn't talk to the man at all, but that wasn't realistic.

            Daniel placed his hand on Magnolia's lower back — she flinched the slightest bit — and led her to the training room. She could be happy if their business remained in the training room.