𝒙𝒗. mackin' on maggie

            After fleeing the scene that the Kooks called the Midsummers party, the Pogues sat on the beach around a bonfire they started

            After fleeing the scene that the Kooks called the Midsummers party, the Pogues sat on the beach around a bonfire they started. The biggest surprise to Maggie was that John B himself told Adriana about the whole Royal Merchant situation — he hadn't told her about the new discovery either. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he wanted to include a certain blonde Kook.

            "Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asked.

            "Yeah, please tell us," Maggie added, taking JJ's arm to show how eager she was to know. "We're dying over here."

            John B finger–gunned at JJ, signalling he should talk."Might as well tell 'em, man, before we're gaffed."

            "You ready for this?"

            Adriana looked at Kie beside her, than back at John B. "Don't leave us hanging, pendejo, tell us."

            John B rolled his eyes but finally started talking. "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

            Maggie sighed, she looked into the fire. All this about the Royal Merchant yet again. She shivered from the cold. Pope agreed. "Oh, my God. Here we go again with this."

            "No. All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?" JJ told his friend. He noticed Maggie was starting to get cold, despite sitting in front of fire. He put his arm around her shoulder and rubbed his hand on her arm, creating warmth.

            "It's been here the whole time." John B continued. "It's on the island."

            "Are you serious?" Kiara exclaimed. "Oh, my God."

            Adriana put her hand in front of her. "Wait, so you know where it is?"

            Pope folded his hands in front of him. "I'd like to voice my skepticism."

            "I'm sure you would, Pope," John B replied. "But can I please present you with my evidence, sir?"

            "Proceed."