𝒙𝒊𝒊. poke that bear till the claws come out

            "I'm so glad they're still doing this," Kiara referred to the film night

            "I'm so glad they're still doing this," Kiara referred to the film night. "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to the OBX life. You know? Aren't you guys glad I made you come?"

            "Ecstatic."

            "My couch was pretty comfy. I'm gonna be honest." JJ also disagreed, but secretly, he did love that they were doing this.

            Kiara and Maggie walked away from the group to get the drinks. Kiara asked the bartender for a few Pepsis, and it wasn't long until she was called upon by some rich looking boy.

            "Hey, Kie. What's up? How are you?" The boy asked her. Kie turned to Maggie, showing her disgusted face.

            She looked everywhere except him, showing how uncomfortable she was. "I'm fine."

            "I'm sorry, who are you?" Maggie asked, getting in between them. She saw how much Kiara was avoiding conversation. It was the least she could do to help her best friend.

            The boy turned his gaze. "Oh, I'm sorry, I must seem like a douche for not introducing myself. Rafe Cameron." There was something in the way he spoke. Something Maggie didn't like. It was almost mockingly, but Maggie must've been wrong about that. She didn't even know the guy.

            Rafe's expression dropped to a way more serious one. "Um, tell your boy that we know what he did."

            "Sorry," Kiara replied. "What boy are you talking about?"

            "Uh, he'll know."

            Kie walked away with two of the cans of drinks, expecting Maggie to be behind her. Maggie stayed behind, with Rafe.

            "I'm gonna need you to be really, really clear on this." She also became dead serious, just like Rafe was seconds ago. "Who did what, to who, and when?"

            Rafe smirked before cupping his hands around her ear, whispering to her all that he knew. Maggie had to try to keep a straight face listening. She couldn't let Pope and JJ know now that she knew.