𝒙𝒙𝒊. lights out

            The boys had their reasons for doing certain things, even if Maggie couldn't always understand  them

            The boys had their reasons for doing certain things, even if Maggie couldn't always understand them. When they told her about their plan of locking Sarah and Kie on the boat for them to work out their differences, Maggie told them she didn't agree.

            However, she had to work that morning. And the boys did exactly what they wanted. She wasn't there to drop them off. But now it was the next morning, and Maggie was driving the MC3 to a stranded Sarah and Kie. The two girls dangled their legs from the side of the boat, waiting for their friends to arrive.

            "Uh oh!" Pope shouted at them. "You guys forgot your keys or something?"

            John B yelled as well. "You guys need a tow?" Maggie drove them closer, close enough for them to be able to lower their voices. "You gotta admit it was funny." He said.

            "John B—"

            John B interrupted Kiara. "Uh, what's that?"

            "Mastermind, huh?" Kiara replied sarcastically. Sarah crossed her arms.

            "I'm always plannin'." The brunet nodded.

            Kiara stood up. "Some patriarchal bullshit."

            "Yeah, that sucked." Sarah agreed.

            "Aw, sorry, babes." Maggie laughed. She handed the anchor to the girls so they could tie it to the boat.

            "You still love us though, right?" JJ asked. He was avoiding Maggie since last night. JJ thought Maggie's reaction was a little strange. He'd kissed enough girls, and they all reacted remotely the same, but this was a first for him. Of course, it didn't help much that Maggie was avoiding him as well.

            It was as if it didn't mean anything to her. It did to him, and it hurt to see her so ignorant over it. It meant everything to him.

            Pope asked the girls if it had at least worked, and the answer was negative. However, Sarah and Kie agreed on working together. Maggie could see them looking at each other, though. The lie may have worked on the boys, but it didn't on her.