𝒙𝒊𝒙. truth, dare or kiss

            "Okay, Pope, truth or dare?"

            Pope thought about his answer for a while. Sipping from his beer, he said. "Truth."

            "Pussy!" JJ yelled, cupping his hands.

            "Shut up, Pac–man," Maggie retorted. She looked back at Pope. "What's your guilty pleasure film?"

            "Okay, so, don't tell Kiara because she would literally kill me," Pope responded, looking around at each of his friends, "Gilmore Girls."

            Adriana furrowed her eyebrows. "Why, what does Kie have against Gilmore Girls?"

            "She thinks it gives young girls unnecessary insecurities. You know, with the unhealthy eating habits and the non–athletic mindset. Kia thinks it's unrealistic in the way that they stay skinny and that it can cause teenage girls to develop eating disorders." Maggie explained.

            She hated talking behind a friend's back, especially her best friend. Kiara was the only one to welcome her with open arms when she first arrived at the Outer Banks. Kiara and her family offered Maggie a job and a place to stay without asking for anything in return.

            To be talking bad about her as she was trying to fix things with Sarah for the rest. Maggie felt as though she was betraying her trust whenever she told others things ( even though it wasn't even that bad what she said to begin with ).

            She continued. "I personally love it, so, justified answer, Pope."

            Pope smiled awkwardly, moving on. "John B, truth or dare?"

            "Truth."

"God, y'all are fucking boring." JJ said. He lounged back on the boat.

            Pope sighed slightly irritated at his blond friend. "Why are you so hung up on Sarah Cameron, man? Like, I get that she's super hot and all, but why her?"

            "I don't know," John B replied. "There's just something about her. Something that makes me feel something I didn't even know I could feel. A feeling of being... alive," He fell silent. "She makes me feel alive."