𝒗𝒊. girl stuff

            The disappointment was real

            The disappointment was real. The bursts of negative emotions were real. But to John B, it wasn't. In the bag he retrieved from the sunken boat was a compass, something the pogues hadn't wished for.

            John B was flustered, he recognised the compass as something he hadn't seen in a long time. He thought it to be missing, alongside his father. Because this, this compass, really belonged to Big John Routledge.

            To John B it was more than a compass. It was a new spark of hope, a mystery he wanted to hunt. It was everything. It was in his mind on the drive back. It was in his dreams. The compass was everywhere.

            The compass was also in Maggie's mind. During the painting of the restaurant, before going to sleep. Kiara's parents were nice, though, they weren't pushing Maggie to work faster because she was elsewhere in her thoughts. Maggie loved Mr. and Mrs. C.

            After painting for around two hours, Kie and Maggie made their way to the shack. Maggie wanted to talk to Kie about that girl on the beach during the keg. She had never seen her before and usually Kie doesn't make friends that soon.

            "She's just someone I met that night," Kiara explained. "She's a Pogue. Adriana Reyes. Apparently she's doing this project to make a new turtle habitat, so we talked about that."

            "Yeah, sounds perfect," Maggie grinned. She knew Kie liked girls before Kie knew so herself, though she didn't say it. Maggie wanted Kie to realise and tell them herself. "She sounds perfect."

            Kie sighed. "Yeah, she is," Her eyes widened, realising what she had said. She turned her head to the slightly shorter girl. "Oh, my God."

            "Oh, your God," Maggie nodded with a big smile. "And she's totally into you, Kia. Better get a move on, lover girl." She gave her a playful wink.

            "What makes you think that?"

            With the shack in sight, Maggie turned to walk up the stairs backwards. She leaned forward to keep the conversation between the two of them. "She put a flower in your hair. She put an amaryllis in your hair."