𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. are we out of the woods?

            Loneliness can be beneficial sometimes

            Loneliness can be beneficial sometimes. Especially in Maggie's case. She was planning her budget for her trip to Charleston. The poison would be the most expensive. That was hard to get, since not many places selling poison without asking questions. Some places stop asking questions after you offer almost double the money. You just had to know where to go.

She was sitting in the hammock at John B's old cabin. She felt silly, but somehow being close to his house made her feel connected with him. Like he was still there. Maggie had been writing away in her journal about her plans, she'd missed the passing of time. She wanted to be gone by the time. But when they arrived early, she couldn't show her dissatisfaction on her face.

            They were particularly happy. Maggie hadn't seen them like that since John B's death. JJ avoided all forms of eye contact, and so did Maggie. She felt so guilty for rejecting him the way she did, but what choice did she have? Once Daniel Berger was dead, she'd explain everything, and they could be together.

            "Maggie," Kiara panted as if they'd just ran here. She smiled, her white teeth showing. "They're alive."

            "Who's they?" She had an idea, but that wasn't possible. She wasn't about to sound desperate, calling names.

            "Check your phone!" Pope almost shouted. Excitement overtook him.

            For a second, Maggie frowned. She got up from the hammock, being careful to bring her journal with her. If the Pogues found that, all was over. Her phone laid lifelessly on the kitchen table. It hadn't even been turned on. Maggie picked up the cracked device and turned it on.

            Once turned on, the messages started flooding. First, a notification of a new group chat being made. Then a picture. Responses. Responses to the responses. Realisation.

"They're alive!" She couldn't help but shout. Excitement overcame her then, and momentarily she forgot about her new brooding reputation. She ran forward, letting herself hang from JJ's neck, her arms around his neck. When she realised what she was doing, she pulled back with an awkward clearing of her throat. JJ initially stepped back after she let go.